Searching...

home phone not receiving calls from Telstra network

Stephental
Very unhappy customer
I rang Optus last sat because the hospital where my father has asbestos cancer, could not get through to the home number. I have since discovered
That anybody that phones from a Telstra phone number to the land line , gets a message that the phone is disconnected, any phone call from a Optus line goes through,And my parents can also make phone calls.

After spending a hour on the phone , I was told it would be fixed in two days, today it was still not fixed, so I phoned technical and they said that the phone number was ported incorrectly from Telstra , even though my parents have been with a service provider that uses Optus the Optus network.
I was put through to customer services that said the number was ported correctly , and proceeded to put be back to technical, I explained that they put me through to them, after a three way conversation , I was advised it was not a Optus problem , but I should ring Telstra , I asked to speak to a superior, then I was advised he was not available.
I then asked to speak to an Australian Superior , they said I could not be transferred, then they hung up on me

Even when on chatline for an hour they could not help then I was cut off

Re: home phone not receiving calls from Telstra network

Tano

Hi @Stephental, that sounds like quite the dilemma and I appreciate that the entire situation may be quite frustrating for you Smiley Sad Have you managed to get any further clarification on this, and hopefully a resolution since posting this? If not, you can speak with us on Live Chat to see if there have been any further updates. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Stephental

still no resolution

I gave this fix i found 3 days ago to the chat line was one for 1:10 hours still not fixed

Finally resolved after 3 hrs on the phone to T@#$$$ and 10 mins to Optus tech support. Good thing I used to work for that other company and knew which cue words to use to make them respond. After having things escalated to Level 2 via mentioning the TIO, they agreed that something MAY have gone wrong during the porting process. I asked Optus tech to contact T tech, and lo and behold - problem solved! Problem was with T routers not letting all the info go properly when my number was ported... consequently I was alive to all the world - except for T mobile users!
A heads up to others who may read this because they are having similar problems - don't be put off by a telco's 'we can't see a problem at our end' - both telcos initially claimed this- persist and ask for the issue to be escalated.... after, of course, first trying to reset/reboot your phone (ie try as best you can to ensure that it is NOT a handset isse)!!
Cheers,
Pete

Then phoned Tech again , once again told not there problem was a telstra problem , I phoned Telstra . because I was not a customer could not help. Phoned tech again put through to level two support , the said could not help.

I advised them if the could not fix I would like to canx my and my parents account, after beenwith you for 30years, they put me through to someone to canx my accounts they advice they could help, that was two days ago, and still no word

Where is the service ?

Highlighted

Steph_C

Sorry for the late reply - how's it all going at the moment? Has there been any improvement? If you still need a hand please PM your account info, along with your full name and DOB so we can take a look.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

ozfish

I have same problem with my mum's phone

Moved over to Optus from Telstra a few months ago ... nothing but issues with number being ported.

Finally got the porting to work and after a few months she now CAN NOT RECEIVE calls from Telstra numbers.

SHe can dial out and receive calls from OPTUS numbers only.

No help with support service on phone or live chat.

Does anyone no how to contact someone useful.

Wnt to cancel and go back to Telstra

Tris

Hi @ozfish, something like this does need to be investigated by our Tech Support team. If it's already been raised, could provide the fault reference number? I can request a call back from our Case Management team

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
56 Kudos
50 Kudos
31 Kudos
20 Kudos