Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

fixed line fault

reported a fault on my fixed line/dsl...fault logged 7pm 22/3...

waited all day 23/3 for update to fault status, no updates just information that the fault log was accessed at 3pm...

finally spoke to customer service via social media at 3pm 23/3, they informed me that i had been scheduled a callback for that day to arrange a technician appointment....

it is now 6.50pm qld time, and no callback....

either fixed tech support is incompetent, or social media customer service is lying...

either way, i am without a fixed/dsl service, which i need for study/work....

pretty poor service for a long term customer with multiple services, all of which could easily be switched with assistance from the TIO....

not happy jan

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: fixed line fault

Hi @tonee1, what was the fault reference ticket you were provided? The social media team would have just relayed the information listed on the ticket, sometimes the case management team can be a little swamped so this may have pushed out the response times. If the ticket itself is still open, this would indicate that the team is still investigating the fault.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

After hours of attempting to contact the support live chat, I finally managed to get a technician booked to visit. The next hurdle is will he contact and turn up, even if he does and can fix the issue straight away it will have been 6 days without dsl, not good when you study/work online.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the exact same issues. I’ve booked a technician also and received no confirmation, did they send you a message or email to confirm ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Nothing like that. I was annoyed at lack of progress or fault updates, vented on optus Facebook and Twitter, got replies from social media customers service, that's how I found out I had an appointment to book. Now it's booked, apparently I will get an sms from the technician confirming the exact time within the Windows booked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Oh right so they probably confirm it on the day I suppose. Hopefully your problem gets resolved. I think the customer service wih Optus is really difficult, they don’t want to talk on the phone at all but it’s the only real way to communicate. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Good luck with your fault too. The, I actually find I have more success with a mix of live chat and social media customers service.. Always find the wait for talking negates the effectiveness.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Good luck with your fault too. Tbh, I actually find I have more success with a mix of live chat and social media customers service.. Always find the wait for talking negates the effectiveness.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can you imagine the response of OPTUS if every subscriber with an active complaint visited an OPTUS shop or office on the last friday of every month in order to register their complaint or demand an update. I suspect that a resolution would be found pdq,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos