Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

firmware update for Sagem 3864v3hp

This modem was installed on20 March 2019. Is there an update for it and is it true that resetting will automatically apply any outstanding update?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: firmware update for Sagem 3864v3hp

Yes. Turn off then back on will automatically upload any new FW (if Optus has some).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@perrywinkel wrote:

This modem was installed on20 March 2019. Is there an update for it

I don't know.

is it true that resetting will automatically apply any outstanding update?

I don't think so.

With the 5366 we can force a firmware update by doing a reboot through a maintenance menu. See if there is a similar reboot option for your 3864.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you petergdownload

Regards

perrywinkel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I was under the impression Optus could update all modems remotely if they decided? I might have steered you wrong @perrywinkel
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@perrywinkel 

Have a look here https://devicehelp.optus.com.au/sagemcom/f-st-3864ac-windows-10/first-use/guide-to-the-modem-setting...

If you scroll through the guide to the last page it mentions about firmware update.
"In Management you can update the modem software and restart."

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - on 7th February firmware for V3AC and V3HP was at 10.96. What does your modem show? I think the pull down upgrade menu is disabled. Optus push down the firmware. As indicated above, you can encourage a TR069 check request from Optus by Restart or Factory Resetting modem sometimes , other times the upgrade occurs automatically.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion, Tigers 1719. Following the path suggested, under Management > Update I discovered the following firmware advice:

perrywinkel_0-1589433322113.png

Unfortunately this begs the question of how to complete Step 1: How do I "obtain an updated software image file from my ISP" Optus?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@perrywinkel wrote:

Unfortunately this begs the question of how to complete Step 1: How do I "obtain an updated software image file from my ISP" Optus?

As far as I'm aware, Optus have never provided firmware as downloadable files for their modems, so that option is not really aimed as customers.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mktich

I think you're right. My Sagem 3864vhp also displays the version number 10.96, so I guess it must be up to date. Maybe Optus indeed updates when a reset is performed. I had to do that recently, but for a different reason.

Strange that Optus is not more specific about the matter!

Regards

perrywinkel

0 Kudos