Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
amcta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

fetch tv not working

I have an error message when i turn on fetch tv that says the box is nto active. I joined an online chat weeks ago and was told it would fix itself at june 30. (no idea why?) Obviously nothing happened and the box still does not work. At the time I requested a credit until the tv worked again and I was told a note would be placed on my file.

I have again tried to do an online chat and was told that they actually cant do anything now and i must ring. Then I rang and was told noone will answer for an hour and a half and the call wont be answered so i should go to chat.

I have been trying to have this fixed for weeks and optus is not meeting me halfway. I will be stopping my bill payments and expect all bills to be refunded until fetch is working. I would also like my contract ceased as soon as possible so i can go to another provider. I will also be opening a case with the ombudsman/TIO if i do not have this issue sorted before friday.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: fetch tv not working

I think it's important you are aware of the TIO's position statement on billing. You cannot withhold payments for other services NOT in dispute. As the service has a fault rather than being in dispute, you are still legally required to pay your invoices.

https://www.tio.com.au/guidance-notes/billing

You need to be aware that the Yes Crowd cannot cancel your services or void your contract. As you've chosen to jump the complaints process and go straight to the TIO. You will now need to await their response, and again I direct you to the link above provided that you still need to pay charges NOT in dispute. As you've set a dead line that is before the TIO's response time will even elapse, (which is generally 10 working days to investigate initially and then refer your complaint on), you won't get that deadline met.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
amcta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Im not sure how you came to the conclusion that I am not disputing the charges. I am fully disputing both bills and the contract. 

I have not been able to contact anybody at optus Despite calling numerous times and online chats.

Can you confirm for me that you receive nothing in return for posting on this forum?

0 Kudos
AlistarS
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@amcta. Our social media team are across the issue. I'd really suggest messaging them on our Facebook or Twitter page.

They can go in and perform the reactivation of the Fetch STB from their side. I work closely with the team, I can always give them a quick heads up. 

We can adjust the invoice for the period that you've been without access to your Fetch service. This is something that you'll also be able to discuss with the team. 

@Jeneral__Pain is one of our frequent contributors. She does not receive anything in return for her contributions on the forum. 

0 Kudos
amcta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks alistair, unfortunately i do not have FB or twitter. I have tried calling but i can never get through. Is there a way i can email someone or onlime chat?

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hello,

Please Chat with us or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
amcta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray,

I have tried this. Unfortunately all i get is this. Also I have spoken to someone before and they said it cant be fixed on chat and must be by phone. Its a neverending circle of Optus not doing anything. 

Any other ideas?

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Unfortunately those are all the methods to contact Optus for support, we are unable to assist here.

Your issue sounds similar to ones posted here and here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
amcta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jay, I honestly appreciate your help and the links below were very helpful.

I am glad to report that after 48 minutes on the phone I was able to get the right person who agreed to terminate my contract for all services with Optus. This is the best outcome.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos