cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted

Re: fetch tv ip address

That`s great news! @wayno_171966. Glad that it is now working and thanks for the update. If you need help in the future, please let us know.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi i have an update concerning the fetch tv ip address. To start with no one in this forum really knows what they are talking about when answering questions as like optus they dont know. When your adsl2 connection is cancelled as in migrating to the nbn the fetch boxes are imeadiatly bricked as the activation codes are linked to your adsl 2 account therefore you need to reorder your fetch top boxes. No they cant be reactivated without being returned the the warehouse. I would also like to let everyone know that your adsl2 account is not automatically cancelled when you migrate to the nbn as the adsl2 is a different department and you need to tell them to cancel it. It has taken four phone calls since october for the adsl 2 account to be cancelled as i was told the first three times it is automatically done this is not the case. Mean while i have been getting billed for a service i dont use please be aware when switching to nbn. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I guess as a forum poster you'd have to add yourself to that category (not really knowing what you are talking about) Smiley Wink But you're right that strangers posting in a forum are just people trying to help out, not necessarily always right. 

FWIW The ADSL account is seperate. This is usually a good thing as in many cases you can confirm the NBN connection is up and running well, before cancelling the ADSL line. 

As for bricking the Fetch boxes, my original advice stands. Optus is migrating 100,000's of customers to the NBN. There is no mass effort to send couriers to all these homes to get the Fetch boxes and return them sometime later with some new IP address. People routinely move home now (NBN unrelated) and plug their Fetch box into a new wall and continue with a service. 

It seems something has gone wrong in your case, but its a fairly isolated incident as far as I can tell (so far not one other poster has had a similar issue) 

Hopefully, the new year sees you with a new Fetch box and a new NBN. 

Happy New Year

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

you obviously work for optus i was talking about migration from adsl not moving house.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

A couple of posters have (erronously) felt that. Just goes to show that looks can be deceiving (and that we can all compund being wrong with being doubly wrong) Smiley Happy 

I mentioned the moving house just to illustrate that there's no 'lock' on IP addresses that can't be updated by Optus. I'm not doubting you've had some issues and always appreciate those that take the time to report back how something turns out etc. (You've no idea the number of posters that plead for help, get it, then just disappear without a trace).

The concurrent ADSL service is definitely something that should be made clear (although in the normal course of things OPtus customers migrating to the NBN are just seemlessly transfered and the old service shut down (you usually need to request the old one stays active). I wonder if in your conversations with Optus you stressed the Fetch IP and how important it was and they took it to mean you wanted the ADSL connection to remain active. 

It seems most of the advice you've been given (here and online) is correct. However something out of the ordinary has occurred causing your issues.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

you have gone of track

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @wayno_171966,

I see you've been introduced to one of our frequency contributors. I just wanted to clear the air and confirm that Peter does not work for Optus. We have a number of frequent YC contributors (it definitely makes my job as a mod a tad easier). The disconnection order is actually placed into the NBN activation order workflow. We won't disconnect the service until we've received a signal from your NBN modem. 

I'll try and address both issues:

• If you'd placed the NBN order with our migration team, we'd organise an ADSL cutover to NBN. We use the same service identifiers i.e. username, landline number and account number. If the migration has been processed correctly, you'll no longer be billed for the ADSL service.
  • This also goes for Fetch migration. We can always migrate your Fetch set top box to the new NBN service. If you've opted for, say the $80.00 broadband plan, then you'll receive a Fetch mighty upgrade. Once an order has been placed for the Fetch Mighty, your existing Fetch box will be deactivated.

You're more than welcome to send us a PM with your account details. We need your full name, DOB and account number. We can double check whether we owe you an account adjustment (it sounds like we definitely do) and we'll track the delivery of your new set top box. Look forward to hearing back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos