Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

fetch tv ip address

Hi i have recently decided to move over to the nbn from ADSL 2+ my question is will my optus fetch tv boxes be bricked as my phone number will be changing and am wondering if my ip address will change also can anyone shed any light on this thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: fetch tv ip address

Are you going with Optus NBN? 

Short answer is your FetchTV is fine. Its IP address just points to your modem. If you get another modem then you can change the Fetch TV to point to its IP address.

Regards

Peter Gillepsie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes i am going with optus nbn but i thought the ip address on the optus fetch tv box can only be changed by optus and they can only do it at the warehouse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The data goes

internet => optus => nbn => your modem => your internal network => FetchTV

Optus will arrange to connect to your modem over the NBN. After that everything is set in your internal network (which you control) In the fetch network settings you will find a spot to enter an ip address (one for the fetch itset and one for the gateway (which is your modem ip address) 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Have just found out i have to send them back to optus as i thought they will be bricked when i move over to the nbn connection. But they are sending replacements out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So you've arranged to send them back?

There's no need but you can if you want to.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

have been told by the service rep i have to send them back it is a hassle to send them back as all the  B---S--- i went through to get them to start with. All the activation keys will be deleted when they delete my adsl2 connection as they are on that account. With the nbn i have been given a new account number. I really have not been informed to well by the online sales guys as all they want is a sale and have no idea about the what else goes on if i can avoid sending them back i am all for it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Its possible you might need to reactivate the boxes (although yours is the first time I've ever heard of that being necessary). However there's no technical reason to return the boxes back to base. 

I'd suggest you just keep the boxes. There will probably need to be some changes in network settings when you get connected to the NBN but otherwise it should be pretty smooth.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @wayno_171966, I'm really not sure why you've been advised to return the set top boxes back our warehouse. We can simply assign your existing Fetch box to the username of your new ADSL service.

If they've always processed a collection kit then I'm afraid that the Fetch service has now been cancelled.

As to whether we're able to reactivate them for you, I'm more than happy to find out. Are you able to send us a PM with your account details? I need your full name, DOB and account number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi me again nbn was connected today guess what my boxes work. Dan hope you got my message i sent if not i will send it again. Think i might have to start going through the local optus shop when requiring information about my services as what i am being told on the online chat service is not always let me say the right answer.

0 Kudos