Searching...
Highlighted

fair go policy, streaming services section, wireless bb $80/m 500 gb

[ Edited ]
choppaa

Hey all

Question: Does the 1.5mbit/s restriction apply to streaming videos under the Optus $80/month 500gb wiresless broadband plan ?

When i look at the critical information summary/fair go policy under this plan, it makes reference that streaming service such as netflix, iview, sbs on demand etc, will be limited to 1.5mbit/sec, however the policy was taling about mobile packages that come with netflix data free caps. The wireless broadband plan does not come with free netflix, so can i assume the 1.5mb/s cap does not apply?

I would say a large chuck of my household usage is using services such as youtube, iview, netflex etc, and we tend to watch these services using HD around 5mb/s. having 500gb plan will be a waste if our household cannot watch 1 or 2 video streams at the same time with quality better than SD.

Any thoughts?

choppa

Re: fair go policy, streaming services section, wireless bb $80/m 500 gb

Paddylee

There is no free data streaming on the 500gb Wireless Broadband Plans.

There is no reference to it in the CIS at all. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Paddylee

Adding to this: Netflix state that 1080P streaming is up to 3Gb per hour

I guess if you plan to watch more then 160 hours a month then this is not the plan for you. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

choppaa

there is a fair bo policy link in the CIS that makes reference to the 1.5m/s for streaming videos

Paddylee

Eligible plans which this one is not.

Paddylee

And the 1.5Mbit free streaming data on the specific list of streaming providers is 100% optional on eligble plans.

If activated it will only limit those particular services - youtube is not one of those services.

I have no issues with either netflix or youtube at 2/4K on the 500Gb plan. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
74 Kudos
53 Kudos
38 Kudos
25 Kudos