cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

emails

After recently updating windows 10, I am unable to send or receive e-mail. I get the following error message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Optusnet.com account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'mail.optusnet.com.au'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: emails

No doubt been caused by the Windows 10 update as Windows no longer supports Live Mail.  As far as I can find out it only effects e-mails logging on through a Pop3 server. Does anyone know if we can access Optus through imap instead ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for the Imap information, doesn't seem to have solved the Live Mail problem though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@SunshineDavo  if you can still access your email via webmail, maybe look at setting up a Gmail, Outlook.com or Yahoo Email account and migrate over.

I was advised years ago to get off ISP/RSP email and one of the best pieces of advice I was given.
Better security, spam filtering and you can access from any provider.

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
Highlighted

Hi @FlyingFox, have you double checked your Optusnet → email settings on Windows Mail. Also does your email work by logging into → Webmail directly.

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @SunshineDavo, please refer to our Optusnet → email settings if it helps. Unfortunately, we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

At some point between 4:30pm and 5:30pm Wednesday 29 July 2020 the Optus mail server has lost 😣 the ability to recognise passwords, however you can still log into webmail if that does you any good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It's only a problem on my computer with Windows Live mail. I have no problem getting my emails on my phone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @FlyingFox, since your email does not work on Windows Live after the update it seems like the email settings there. If there was an issue with your Optusnet email then it will not work at all. If you need further assistance then speak with our Support team on the above contact details to proceed.

0 Kudos