Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
andymac
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

emailed scanned photos too big

I had some photos scanned at Officeworks and emailed to my OptusWebmail account . When I try to open them they are far too big to see or to forward on 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
z_hook

Re: emailed scanned photos too big

Hi @andymac,

Thanks raising this with us.

OptusNet customers have a mailbox size limit of 500 MB per email address. If you do exceed this there may be issues with sending/receiving emails and opening attachments.

You may need to delete any unwanted emails from your email account. Make sure you remove emails your Spam, Deleted Items and Sent Folders.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@andymacIf they are in your mailbox then I would download them as a file and save to your hard disk. Then you can view them and shrink them or scale them with a good quality graphics program like GIMP or Paintshop Pro or Krita etc

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

A common issue. It may be the total file size exceeded your Optus quota (which is very small) but also there's limits on the size of individual files that a detailed photo can easily exceed when being sent as an email (say 5Mb a file)

You should look into other online options such as the free Dropbox account. Send the files there.

Also take the time to migrate to a non-RSP based email address (like google). Much more space, security and features and you also don't lose the email address if you ever leave Optus.