Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

email

I joined Optus about 6th May. 2 Weeks to get a sim card, 5 days to get connected after sim installed at Cannington store. about a week later I received a modum. I connected as per instruction IP configuration problem. over 1 hour on the phone no luck 3 days later customer service contacted me after 3 phone calls but I had already fixed that problem. then I tried to access emails. Guess what? No access! Surprise, surprise, surprise. I spent 1 hour on-line hookup filled in the person confirmation file 3 times, gave my name D.O.B. & phone number 4 times & still can't access emails. Is it possible for someone to contact me & explain why I have had so much misfortune or whether it is lack of knowledge in your staff or mayby nobody has a clue of how to fix my problem. I received my account before I had a phone or modum. Please explain.

Peter. *hidden*

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: email

Just a heads up Peter as per the red advisory message when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum. Please let us know where you were directed from if you were told this is an Optus service point.

Please see Have a question about email?

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team can be reached 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We have hidden your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to refer to the Community Guidelines. Thank you!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I work on desk top, not the phone messages.

I muddled through getting connected, instillation was useless! (pass key did not work)

I got onto the email, nothing worked that they told me to do till the next day & a full reboot!

My next questions, How do I access the free sport channel they promised?

How do I get a new email address?

Peter

hidden

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The app sent sends me to the app to connect which sends me the app to connect.

circles again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Evening all thanks for your help. I think I have my head around it now, & I found out why they give away optus sport, It only has pommy football, they give it away because no-one wants it.

0 Kudos