cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor ceg
New Contributor

email login problem

Until yesterday I had no problems accessing and managing my email through Thunderbird and my ipad. I also could login to My Account and optus Webmail without any problems.

Here is my situation: I have a primary email account ppp@optusnet.com.au (the email address I was assigned when I signed up to optus. I set up a sceondary email ccount sss@optusnet.com.au which I use for all my day-to-day emails (and with which I could login to Webmail). 

In Thunderbird I has ppp as my email to access the optusnet server but set Tbird to use sss as my "active" email address - ie all my emails to sss were received (and sent)  as sss. This worked for years without a hitch.

Then yesterday, I could not login to My Account or Webmail. Kept getting told my passwords were incorrect. When I tried to access my email thru Tbird, I get told the optus server was not accessible as the passwords for both ppp and sss were incorrect.

I used Live Chat to try and resolve these problems. After about 3 hours and 4 different people and numerous different temporry passwords, the problems were not resolved.

My situation now is that I can use ppp to login to My Account.

I cannot login to Webmail using sss (incorrect password)

I cannot access my email thru Tbird - passwords for both ppp and sss are incorrect. (I have not been able to find out where or how to reset my password for sss.)

Can anyone suggest how I can resolve all or any of these issues please?

Thanks

4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: email login problem

Hi

As this is an open forum I would suggest you should edit you post and remove your email addresses. Any suggestions to resolve your problem will be posted here and if needed private messages can be used.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No one will be emailing replies anywhere (this is just a public forum) - which means you probably shouldn't post email addresses unless you want to be added to every spam database in the world (Sugget you edit it out of your post)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

@Davelew Snap!

0 Kudos
New Contributor ceg
New Contributor

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Apologies for the delay in response. Did you get a chance to speak to someone in regards to setting up your email, since posting?  Sorry about the frustration you faced in getting this sorted. Check out this article for some basic troubleshooting. If the issue still exists then contact Tech Support directly on: 131344 - open 24/7. Let us know if you need any further help. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors