Searching...

dsl not working

Darius

I signed up for a dsl connection for aparment unit I am renting last July. I was working properly until last week which I have reported to be investigated. I do not have a phone unit connected to this service because I didnt need one. The Modem dsl light is blinking and was confirmed by the technical agent that it's a open circuit problem.

They were supposed to have it fixed several days ago but was not, I have not even received anything to confirm that someone went to check. So I have again arranged for a technician to come down and check. Unfortunately, no one came again so I again called up to check why. I was told that someone came to check and fix the problem but it is still not fixed, even more I was not even contacted to verify if it has been fixed or not...

It has been really frustrating to spend more than 30 mintues trying to get on the queue everytime you call the technical service number and still not getting your problem fixed or even getting the reason why your service does not work.

The agent told me that the technician checks until the MDF but I am not able to verify because I have not spoken to any technician.

How can I get this fixed or escalated, I am now seriously thinking of changing my provider.

Re: dsl not working

Alex_H

Hey there @Darius - what a frustrating experience to have, I'm so sorry Smiley Sad

Have you spoken with our Faults team at all since posting here? Did you have a fault ref # there that we can chase up? 

Darius

@Alex_H, I have contacted the faults team many times,  have to go yhru queue and wait for more than 30 mins everytime, still not fixed. Here is the ref # 15571005 and 15603686. There was supposed to be a technician to come and fix the problem but I have not seen him or heard back from them. I have been told many times that I will get a call back from agent and case officer but no call back. My dsl is still down and still no clear reason why or assurance that it will be fixed. If you can help me get this sorted out I will greatly appreciate otherwise I am switching to anoyher provider this week. Thanks!

Alex_H

Thanks for that @Darius, I can see why you'd be frustrated Smiley Sad

I've had a look and our most recent tests definitely do indicate an open circuit and from what I can see we're going to need to book another technician as it's coming through the line before it reaches your home.

We'll need to escalated this with our Case Management team, just confirming the contact number for you ending in 878? 

Darius

Thanks @Alex_H, yes that is my number but the best way to contact me is thru my other number (ending in 717) which should already be in that ticket.

I received a call today that a technician is scheduled to fix the problem tomorrow. I am just hoping that someone will really turn out and fix it this time. It will be the 4th time that a techinician is supposed to come and fix that line. I am also surprised with the inconsistencies of information given by the agents on if a fix or someone have tried to fix it. That open circuit was identified 2 weeks ago when I initially reported the problem and never progressed. Anyway, please check tomorrow if there will be a fix done and will update this tomorrow.

Thanks...

Highlighted

Darius

Thanks @Alex_H, yes that is my number but the best way to contact me is thru my other number (ending in 717) which should already be in that ticket.

I received a call today that a technician is scheduled to fix the problem tomorrow. I am just hoping that someone will really turn out and fix it this time. It will be the 4th time that a techinician is supposed to come and fix that line. I am also surprised with the inconsistencies of information given by the agents on if a fix or someone have tried to fix it. That open circuit was identified 2 weeks ago when I initially reported the problem and never progressed. Anyway, please check tomorrow if there will be a fix done and will update this tomorrow.

Thanks...

Darius

@Alex_H , it somehow came as not a surprise anymore... Its already the end of the day and my internet is still not fixed. A technician supposed to come today but we have not heard from anyone and rebooted my modem, still dsl down status. It already too many times that it was scheduled and was supposed to be done. It seems that Optus doesnt really care about its customer or to lose them. Cant imagine why a simple problem and having to send some one to fix it is very complicated for optus even if its thru a telstra. Worst customer service and provider ever.

[ Edited ]
Darius

Gen_R

I hear what you're saying, Darius and we are sorry for the experience you've had to deal with. I've had this escalated for a call back.  

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Darius

@Gen_R, @Alex_H@could you confirm if someone came over and let me know the findings? It is very unusual that number of technician were scheduled and yet there were no update to what have been done and found the actual problem? In addition to the call back, please arrange a real technician to fix it

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
74 Kudos
52 Kudos
38 Kudos
25 Kudos