cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

connecting devices

I use an Optus provided Huawei E 5786wireless modem with my laptop.  Just been given a Samsung Tab A and need some help to  to connect it to my modem and use the same data. Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: connecting devices

What seems to be the issue?

The tablet can't see the wifi name? Won't connect? Please supply a little more detail please ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Iโ€™m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Basically I don't know where to start!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Ok, you are however up and running with the wifi device and the laptop?

With the mobile wifi device ON. If you are on the TabA, swipe down from the top, touch the gear icon, hopefully it goes straight into wifi, touch the wifi ID (I'll add the name and key can be found on the underside of the removable cover) it'll be something like Optus-4G-E5786-????

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Iโ€™m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dave, did all that, but it's not connecting, telling me incorrect password.  I know it's right, as I just changed it.  But thanks, at least I know what to do now, just have to sort out the password issue.

Cheers bertieg 

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Sweet! Glad you got things all sorted. I guess if it's all to crap and you reset the wifi device, all the default settings/details on how to access the device will be found once you remove the battery. Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers Dave

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks so much Dave, for your quick respones and great information.  Amazing how easy it is when you know where to look. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers

bertieg