Searching...
Highlighted

common link...... slow speed cable

F1_drummer

As you're all aware by now, (Dr)Optus have been having issues with their cable getting congested.

It seems, that after (at least) 7 months of waiting around for issues to be rectified, being told there has been an upgrade in the area (with no estimated completion), that the issue has NOT been fixed, and (in fact) degraded further.

It seems to be the case, that it's not just myself that has been hit with this issue, and it seems not to be specific to my location. It does however, appear to be an issue network wide, nationally.

Node number 44rd210 is in question (louise st, underwood), I also have friends with similar technical issues a few minutes up the road (samba pl, underwood).

We each will recieve a average (mode) of 8mb/s, peak of 90mb/s (this is rare, and at obscure times), and a minimum of 2.8mb/s.

Continuing to not keep customers informed (without asking) of ANY known issue or work being done to the lines (not just repairs), you are likely to lose a great number of customers. This includes heavy congestion issues, upgrades, line checking, potential solar interference, or downed lines.

With this poor connection speed, you leave yourself wide open to being stung by the ACCC AGAIN.

I should remind you that "The ACCC reminds broadband internet providers that they must  ensure their advertising and product offers to consumers clearly and accurately represent the download and upload speeds they can expect to achieve. The ACCC will continue to closely monitor the market for false or misleading claims about internet performance and will not hesitate to take appropriate enforcement action if necessary."

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/optus-pays-51000-in-penalties-for-alleged-false-or-misleading-...

Cheers.

(screen captured)

Re: common link...... slow speed cable

itsthemetho

Not feeling the love either. Apart from greed; I am not sure why Optus advertises thier network to new customers rather than fixing the issues for existing clients. The network is undergoing an "upgrade" to fix issues. Yeh right..... More likely waiting for the NBN to buy the existing network! Why bother putting lip stick on the pig if it's off to be butchered!

I used to love my Optus Cable until netflix was introduced. Now I am always wondering why I am being throttled. Sometimes is it damn faster to use a VPN to connect to sites to reduce Optus' throttling. Popular video sites like Youtube are non-operational during peak hours. It not like off peak is that great either. Look at this download speed at about 3pm: 9.19Mb/s. Not exactly blistering fast.

4972410203.png

I am in Thomastown VIC, but I am sure from reading the internet that I am not alone.

Hollie

Hey Guys,

Can totally understand how frustrating it would be facing slow speeds each day Smiley Sad Our Networks team are working on upgrades through out the Network but these can take time. Best idea would be to chat to tech support and ask them to add your mobile number to the report so that when there are updates on the upgrades they will SMS you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

F1_drummer

Hollie,

When you've been on the SMS service for several months, this leads to a lack of faith in the system. I've reported this to the telecommunications ombudsmen, and no resolution has occurred.

hacomagix

Yeah, Situation is not looking good for a lot of people, I live in Glen Waverley and most of my friends are not having this problem but me.  I am at a dire 3 Mbps right now on speed test.

jman07

Standard Optus response to ALL slow response threads are "we are currently upgrading the network so you may suffer slow speeds" if it takes Optus 2 hours to identify an outage is due to "a fault"  (my area currently has an outage atm due to a fault and I have to use a 4g dongle to post because it's a 30 minute mobile call to their Helpdesk) wonder how long it takes Optus to actually upgrade the links?

so whoever is suffering from slow speeds please be aware that your area has been selected for a network upgrade! 

hacomagix

"please be aware that your area has been selected for a network upgrade! "

Having an upgrade for monthly duration while unable to maintain the current service is not acceptable.

hacomagix

We are being Informed about the upgrade? neither do they provide then information on their website. Their support told me after i rang em up. My area isn't ongoing an upgrade on their coverage map i don't even know if they have a coverage map for broadband Smiley Sad.

Hollie
Hey Guys

I can totally understand how frustrating this situation is and especially for those of you who have been experiencing congestion for a significant period of time.

Please know that our Networks team are regularly providing updates to the business about areas that are affected by congestion and they are working together to provide long term fixes to our customers. The reason we are unable to provide timeframes on this for most areas is because there are numerous factors that can influence schedules for upgrades including natural disasters, the complexity of the work that needs to be completed and tech availability in general.

It may seem like our responses are generic and standard but the reason for this is because we don't have a timeframe for the upgrades in your area and we don't want to provide incorrect or unconfirmed information.

It sounds like most of you have been in contact with our tech/ billing team in the past - they should have discussed your options in regards to the service and contract you have with us moving forward.

If you'd like to discuss your options further, our billing team are the best people to call on 133937.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
29 Kudos