Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Contributor wallet72
Contributor

combined bill

Why can't my Mobile and home broadband services be on the same bill? Even having them on the same account is confusing enough, and that should be sorted as well. 

When I log into my account, I see my mobile accounts all summarised and the amount I owe. At the bottom of that tab I see a number 2, which takes me to my broadband summary. This shows no amount!!!! It trips me up because it makes me think the amount on the first tab is the total - I pay that and I'm done. But that's wrong, and I end up getting a reminder about an unpaid bill. 

Get in some UX staff and redesign that display.

4 Replies
Moderator Vicky

Re: combined bill

Hi wallet72,

I've replied to your other post as well in regards to our current in-market plans. Generally speaking, some of our older Internet plans aren't compatible with our mobile systems which means the services can't be consolidated to be viewed together. More than happy to take a look for you and check if you can send us a PM with your full name, DOB and the two account numbers for the services. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Nick233
New Contributor

This is so frustrating as I have had the same problem all year! And my plans are both recent (under 12 months) so doubt that that is the root cause. Surely having a combined billing platform can't be that hard to design for a telecommunications company!?! 

0 Kudos
New Contributor EduardoF
New Contributor

It is 2018 and am still having this issue. Signed up for 2 x Jan 2018 mobile plan and an August 2018 NBN plan and they cannot be consolidated onto one bill. This is so frustrating as I can see my mobile bills on my my optus app but not my NBN. I just want one bill for the lot. That's why I changed my Internet service in the first place to simplify this but its made it more confusing! I have had two online chats and an on the phone chat and no one has been able to do anything about it. One said nothing could be done. Another said its about a month away before they should be able and then yesterday I was told it couldn't be done that they could only link my accounts, which he did but nothings changed. This is such a simple request. Why can't it be done? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Depending on the account types @EduardoF, account consolidation won't always be possible. We are working on moving all services to a new billing platform which will enable this functionality though. From what you've said it does sound as though your services are linked on your My Account profile. You won't be able to view details relating to your broadband service in the My Optus App, you will be able to via My Account though

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos