Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor DISGRUNTLEDOLDY
New Contributor

close an optus account

I INCREASED MODEM PLAN FROM $30 TO $90 ON A TEMP BASIS TO ASSIST MY GRANDSON WITH SCHOOL WORK. WHEN NEED PASSED I REQUESTED OPTUS ( 4 TIMES) TO REDUCE PLAN BACK TO $30. I AM STILL BEING CHARGED @$90. I HAVE LODGED TWO COMPLAINTS VIA OPTUS COMPLAINTS WITH NOT EVEN THE COURTESY OF A RESPONSE LET ALONE ONE WITHIN 48 HOURS.

I NOW WANT TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT BUT AM BEING FRUSTRATED IN THIS TOO.

I AM NOT PREPARED TO SPEND HOURS ON THE PHONE AS I HAVE IN THE PAST NOR TO BE TOLD AS I HAVE CONSISTENTLY THAT ALL OPERATORS ARE BUSY AND I WILL HAVE TO RING BACK.

DOES OPTUS WANT ME TO FRONT UP AND CREATE A SCENE IN THEIR SYDNEY HEAD OFFICE OR INVOLVE THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS OMBUDSMAN?

I JUST WANT THE ACCOUNT CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!

OPTUS SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED AND TELSTRA AND OTHER PHONE COMPANIES LEAVE THEM DEAD IN THE WATER

3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: close an optus account

Billing and accounts via the live chat below should be able to cancel the plan for you any time you wish.

https://www.optus.com.au/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Disappointing to hear about your experience, DISGRUNTLEDOLDY, That was a nice thing to do for your grandson.

Yeldarb is correct, customers can arrange to close their account via Live Chat.

The agent should be able to look up when you request to return back to the original plan and credit back any incorrect charges.

For future Yes Crowd posts, please abide by our Community Guidelines (don't post in all CAPS).

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor VG01
New Contributor

Optus chat is a bad service.. they just lie.. no one have any clue about what they are doing...

0 Kudos