Searching...
Accepted Solution

cant see peak off-peak usage with my account

mossvins
My plan is cable (not NBN) 120gb w/home phone divided into 70gb off peak (12am to 12pm) and 50gb peak (12pm to 12am). More than two weeks ago I was added to My Account. I can only see the total usage, but need peak and off-peak usage. I normally use a pc but I also checked Optus mobile app, still only total usage. At first I was advised on Optus Chat that the problem would be fixed within 24 hours. Next time I contacted Optus Chat I was told that the problem would be fixed in 5-7 days but it wasn't. It is possible that my plan has changed to simple total usage I guess. All ISPs must provide this relevant info with peak/off-peak as far as I know. Thank you for any help.

Re: cant see peak off-peak usage with my account

petergdownload

It is definitely possible Optus has just moved you onto a 120Gb per month plan. They haven't been seeling peak/off peak plans for years and similarly have been offering unlimited data for years as default. How much are you paying a month for your plan out of interest? 

Peter Gillespie

mossvins

Thank you

Total with phone, acct processing fee/paper bills $57.20. No-one advised me of that. I did mention the possibility in the two chats. It would be handy to know. Perhaps I'll try one last time and ask for that to be checked.

petergdownload

Just a guess on my part. Telstra recently shifted customers on their cable network to max speeds. It would make sense if Optus also started stream lining its cable offerings given its rapidly being shut down now. But I'd definitely want to make sure first as Optus has a habit of penalising people that exceed allowances even if Optus hasn't provided the information.

Your cable connection is probably due to be shut down in the next 6 months or so, so it might be a good time to look around for NBN deals (which will soon be available if not already?)

Peter Gillespie

mossvins

Thanks, yes, my understanding is that NBN cable is overdue where I am.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

I think everyone's connection has ended up arriving a little late. Smiley Happy You can check the status of your address here. The date should actually be pretty accurate now as we're in the final phase of the rollout.

All I would suggest is that your current plan (which you seem to have had for a while) is definitely going to be closed down in the coming months. So have a look around and compare with what NBN Plans Optus has (I think the cheapest is $85 but it has lots of extras you may or may not want). One of the great things about the NBN is much more choice in plans. FWIW you sound like the 50Mbps speed and ~200Gb of data a month is your current need which you should find plenty of good options for.

Peter Gillespie

Solution

mossvins

I have now checked and verified that the plan has been changed, thanks for that and the info. I will have to look into what's available from whom with NBN cable. I've noticed ads saying that various providers are no. 1. Thanks again. 

mossvins

Actually I should add, in case someone reads this, that the total cost of my plan with the phone, which is billed separately, is $76.35, which means the Optus $85 min cable plan with phone kind of makes sense. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos