Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

cannot update credit card number for cable broadband account

unbelievable! Optus has no option in myaccount to update my new credit card number. No other company I deal with has this problem. I tried to call Optus about it but it took 10 minutes to get through all the menus and then it had an additional 30 minute wait time! No option for Optus to call me back. Is this a modern telecommunications company? How can I update my account? I assume that you want me to actually pay my bill correctly.

Optus is free to call me at any time... my details are in myaccount

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: cannot update credit card number for cable broadband account

I see it under My Account/Billing & Payment.  I have mobile only account, but would be unbelievable if it's not the same.  Good luck.  Edit - that's via PC web browser....not sure from phone app, but you didn't say.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You need to jump onto your My Account to update your Credit Card details, please check out this link for more details. If you have any troubles, shoot us a message here and we can help out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

After spending some time chatting with Optus, they confirm that Optus cannot accept online credit card changes. Their systems are still antiquated. The only solution is to print the direct debit form, fill it in and then snail mail it to Optus. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You can't update your credit card details online  for an optus broadband cable service, you have to ring their number  133937 and go through a telephone robot trying to find option that actually goes to a person and then wait 20mins to talk with someone.

I recently had to update credit card expiry with six companies and only optus failed to have this as easy online option and optus took me ten times as long to update.  They offer this for mobile accounts but not the internet and I have seen compliants going back to 2014. 

Its time the modernised their billing system or combined it into the moble one and treat us like one customer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos