i tried to set up outlook email for outlook following the steps shown by optus support but not sucessful, it says the operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server.
i was working fine until i couldn't send emails out, so i had to delete the outlook account and tried to create a new one. Thanks.
Hey @gunner8911, can you give this a try and let us know if it resolves the issue?
1. Click 'File' from the menu bar
2. Select 'Info'
3. Select 'Account Settings' on the right
4. Select your OptusNet Email Account: Click 'Change'
5 In the pop up box: Click 'More Settings'
6. In the next pop up box: Click the 'Advanced' tab
7. Under 'Delivery' ensure that the option 'Leave a copy of messages on server' is NOT ticked, untick it if it is
8. Click 'Apply'
9. Click 'Ok'
Please also ensure that both incoming and outgoing servers are set to mail.optusnet.com.au, and that 'Require Logon Using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)' is not ticket ('Account Settings' > 'E-Mail' > your email account > 'Change')