Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
robeldridge
New Contributor
New Contributor

can't download attachments

If I accidentally click somewhere in an email I've received,
it turns into a to reply or forward, and that makes the
attachments inaccessible. How do I get back to the original message?

hidden

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Serena_YC

Re: can't download attachments

Hi @robelridge, 

It can get annoying when this happens, doesn't it? Speaking from personal experience, I usually just click on the Inbox button again to return to the main inbox page and then click on the email in question to access the attachments from there. In case you need a reference point, I have also attached the link to our Email Help support page for you. 

Hope the above steps help. 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

robeldridge
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Serena. Tried that, but the email still opens as a reply and the attachments don't download.
Rob.
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @robeldridge, thanks for giving that a shot mate. I have just tested my own Optusnet email account and am able to navigate through the features and receive test email with attachments that I have sent myself - so its rather strange that this is happening to you.

Just in case you have not already done so, should you have any VPNs or downloads happening in the background, if you could remove these or hold off on them this should help get you through to your attachment. I would also recommend clearing any unwanted cookies and caches from your history as well, doing so will help remove any interruptions to your email access. Give those a shot and see how you go.

Should you continue to have issues, I would also recommend having a chat to our Messenger teams whom will be able to look into your services and advise further. Our teams are available 24/7 via the Optus App 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.