Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

can not connect to internet since the last week

could not connect to internet since last Saturday, the internet light on the modem is always off.

tried to call otpus support, and never get answered, online chat is no longer available, the only way seems to be using otpus app for messaging, unfortunately otpus app does not allow me to login and it suggests to message, but in order to message, i need to login first...

I am so frustrated as a otpus customer for more than 3 years, and switching to another internet provider seems to be the only option

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: can not connect to internet since the last week

Hey zhuwied, 

What kind of internet?

What troubleshooting have you done? Please try these broadband troubleshooting steps.

What suburb/postcode are you located in? Have you checked for any known outages? Enter your location and tick the Fixed outages box. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks for your quick reply.

my internet is DSL homebroad
I reboot the modem many times, I reset the modem a couple of times.
I login into the model by using 192.168.0.1, and did the diagnosis as well, it said DSL is down.

the suburb is hornsby, nsw (2077), and i was told there is no outage with my address.
not sure what else i can do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

From here it's best to contact Optus directly on 133 937 during these hours.

Hold the line, don't press 1, keep on the line follow the prompts and you'll reach the team who can action this for you.

If you don't want to call, you can message our Social Media Team via  Facebook or Twitter they have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

-No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 

-No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive call

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I tried facebook messaging, unfortunately it is currently unavailable.
calling optus support sounds like mission impossible, i was lucky to speak to someone first, but then was re-direct to technical support line and no then.

It is crazy difficult to reach someone from optus who can do a little help, very disappointed

0 Kudos