Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
syburr
New Contributor
New Contributor

cable internet

we have been sent a modem for adsl and we have cable. The only telephone line is down the other end of the house than the tv which is in the lounge. Optus has confirmed that they can’t supply cable. They didn’t tell me that when i signed up. please advise what the solution might be

0 Kudos
7 Replies
syburr
New Contributor
New Contributor

cable internet

we have been sent a modem for adsl and we have cable. The only telephone line is down the other end of the house than the tv which is in the lounge. Optus has confirmed that they can’t supply cable. They didn’t tell me that when i signed up. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: cable internet

You have cable but Optus can't supply it?

When does the NBN arrive in your area? 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
syburr
New Contributor
New Contributor

We live in a Highrise NBN is already in building but not connected more likely to be next yr 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus generally don't connect to MUDs. Multi unit dwellings. I'm not sure how you and your customer service person got your wires so crossed about what you were signing up for. Do you have any emails confirming any details of your plan?

I'd suggest you contact Optus direct, live chat, and explain the mix up. At this early stage there is probably no issue with you cancelling the order and returning the modern.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
MiCCAS
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey there,

Just to confirm, have you signed up for an Optus Cable plan but been sent an ADSL modem, as staff are telling you that you can't get Cable at your premises?

It's working checking your order details to see exactly which product you ordered - cable or ADSL.

With regards to location of your modem, you should be able to keep it at the back of your house if you're using wifi. And, if the modem is too far, we can talk through alternative options to make sure you're connected around your home 🙂

Michael.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
0 Kudos
syburr
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks I have found out Optus have no cable in our building. Having left telstra we are now trying to work out how we get the signal from the telephone line at the other end of our unit to the lounge thru concrete walls. 

We have been told to buy a booster ? looking at that option. 

Do you know much about a Boostet? would appreciate any guidance you can give 

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

depending on your environment and the wifi penitration around your unit. Another option is looking at Powerline Network  devices, you plug the output from the Modem to an injector that connects to a power point. From there the system uses the power cabling of your unit and connect to a receiver unit at a power point in the  loungeroom. You can then connect the receiver unit to whatever device you want. 

eg... http://www.netgear.com.au/home/products/networking/powerline/

or 

https://www.tp-link.com/au/products/list-18.html

or you can run a cable from one room to the other. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos