cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

cable internet not working - requested help on Monday 30th March 2020 from optus

I have had no internet access since Monday 30th March 2020. Logged a case on the telephone on Monday with Tracey from Optus - said it would be fixed 24 - 48 hours. Still nothing.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: cable internet not working - requested help on Monday 30th March 2020 from optus

My modem is playing up, the lights are on , but the internet is not working 

I require a new modem as its been playing up for the pass few months .

How do i go about getting a new modem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: cable internet not working - requested help on Monday 30th March 2020 from optus

Hello @Jennifer08

Sorry that the original agent wasn't able to get you connected.

I'd really recommend getting in touch with our team on Messenger so we can take a look. 

Please note, our Messaging team are currently experiencing delays 

Ask to speak to a human, then leave your full name and the information about the issue in the messenger window

It's best to complete some basic troubleshooting before getting in touch with them:

-Check wall sockets, power cables and your modem equipment is plugged in, clear from obstructions, and are not damaged

-Try alternate cabling if available, and/or replace damaged cabling.

Other troubleshooting should also be done following This Article

Stay Safe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have done everything you have said to do. Last night I waited on hold for 1hr and 34minutes only to be cut off without speaking to anyone. I paid my bill. I want a refund or connection or unlimited data to my mobile so I can hotspot. I want to know what the problem is.
0 Kudos