Searching...
Accepted Solution

blocking a @....... email permamently

shane82

hi,

is there a way for optus to block an email ?

some has used our email address to sign up for a Yahoo email discussion group,

we are recieving at least 20 emails aday from this group some are very larger due to attactments.  i have requested they unsubscribe our email to no success. 

Re: blocking a @....... email permamently

Ryan

Seems a little strange that they're still sending these emails even after advising to unsubscribe shane82?

Have you tried contacting Yahoo Support again to advise you do not wish to received these notifications? Did they respond to your initial enquiry?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

shane82
ryan,
no have not contacted Yahoo yet, just sending requests to the diucussion boards Unsubscribe address.

my email program, will not block sender or senders domain.
Solution

Tris

Best to contact Yahoo support directly for assistance with this, you may of been signed up to the discussion group in error by another user. Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

shane82

I cant find a way to contact Yahoo directly , all i can find is FAQ's which all they say is contact to discussion group to be removed, easier said then done.

ok contacted a moderator from the group , he reconds he can find my email anywhere, THEN WHY AM I GETTING THIS CRAP...... i am getting 50 emails a day...............

all he suggested was, add it to my junk list and i will go to my junk folder......... but i would be still downloading this CRAP !

optus any help ?

Ryan

Defintely seems strange that they don't have your email listed if you're continuously receiving emails from them shane82? Have you tried logging into your Webmail page and selecting Report As Spam?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Species1951

Wouldn't a better solution be to be given an option in webmail to block emails with specific email addresses? It seems to me that selecting the "unsubscribe" option from spam emails is itself fraught with dangers since it confirms the address and provides absolutely no guarantee that emails will stop being sent. I've been receiving email after email telling me how much money I have in my non-existent account or for me to confirm my details so that I can pick up prizes ranging from unspecified to a Toyota Hilux. It's becoming a pain to have to go and clear out my webmail spam folder on a daily basis.

Highlighted

Species1951

Yahoo is not the problem. Viewing the info on who sent the emails they come from a variety of email addresses, some of which end up with ....@jeppa12456.today; ....@jappdex.com; makereye.com, etc. The majority apparently come from either Indonesia or Mexico.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos