cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

antenna for B818 4G WiFi Modem

Hi,

My B818 4G WiFi Modem just arrived.  I'm moving to a house 2km away that has no NBN and poor ADSL which is why I purchased this modem.  I live in Daylesford VIC.  I tested the modem in my current home last night (6.30pm) which I know is a congested time but I was getting about 8mbps down speed which won't really do.  Does anyone has experience with antennas that boost signal/speed?  I'd prefer one that I don't have to install outside as we're only renting and don't want to spend too much (for the same reason...the next place we live may well have NBN). One that sits by/sticks on the window would be best.

TIA

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: antenna for B818 4G WiFi Modem

Did you position the modem facing the tower and close to a window?
Go to rfnsa.com.au enter you postcode and use the filters to search for Optus 4G and 4G+.
I had a look using the 3460 Postcode and there is no Optus 4G+ coverage in your area.

As for Antennas if no advice offered in the Yes Crowd,  whirlpool.net.au, there is a B818 thread including discussion on Aerials.

I am an Optus user.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: antenna for B818 4G WiFi Modem

Thanks a lot @Tigers1719 I wasn't aware of that website and the Optus tower is actually closer to our new place, with clear LOS.  Much appreciated.  Have a nice weekend.