Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ZeroService18
New Contributor
New Contributor

ZeroService

Today I spent 138 minutes on the phone to Optus to have a few simple questions answered. 2 HOURS AND 18 MINUTES!!!! Well over 2 hours of this was on hold. While I was on hold, I asked the on line chat guys to see if there is a call back service but it seems not. Im not after instant service froma call centre. 5-10 minute wait times are fine but 138 min? That's unbelievably bad service guys.

I cant remember the last time I had to write a note like this to anyone but I can tell you it would have been years ago. I'll often give people the benefit of the doubt that they were doing their best to help but c'mon. 138 minutes!!!!!

I was told that if its a new account call, the wait time is a lot less but if you're upgrading your service or have any kind of other enquiry, its long. I can only imagine that this strategy is in place to A) Lock in a new customer quickly to a contract by not making them wait on the phone. Assign loads of call centre staff to this division. Sign em up, get them in the door!!! and B) You don't mind making your current customers wait because hey, they're on contract and cant go anywhere.... not easily anyway. Its OK to make these guys wait.

Well I can tell you, Im out of contract guys. I've been loyal with you..... for years. I have home my phone, broadband and all my business accounts with you. You need to pick up your service levels. Implement a callback service like loads of other companies do. Attend to your customers. Dont make them wait like this. If the wait times are over 10 min, give an option to leave a number so someone can get back to you. Don't make them wait this amount of time. If I did this in my business...... well, I'd lose customers. Get the hint guys? Lift your game please or I'll walk and so will your other customers, and in droves I'd imagine.

I'm happy to pay a bit more for good service and you guys are certainly not the cheapest. The service levels are way off.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: ZeroService

It's to do with the NBN rollout. NBN is connecting large numbers of shonky VDSL lines and then handing it off the the ISPs. Then they attempt to extract large amounts of dosh for the CVC, which the ISPs don't want to pay. The landline industry is imploding, due to the large amounts of fed debt that was created from the GFC of 2008. Nobody wants to pay for the NBN.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors