cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
yetanotherslave
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yet another customer who can't get Optus to make the landline work!

How does one get Optus to get one's landline phone working?
I have just moved house and the new connection is via the NBN. The internet was reconnected OK, Fetch TV took a few phone calls and a couple of days to get it working again, but no matter how many phone calls I make (when I can get through) I cannot get Optus to connect my phone. I even tried the online chat, but that was totally useless.

I have now been without my landline (and fax, more impostantly) and while Optus keeps promising to fix it, nothing happens.

Any suggestions? 
Failing that, can anyone recommend another providor who actually does what they are suppossed to do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Yet another customer who can't get Optus to make the landline work!

Hi @yetanotherslave

I'm happy to lend a hand with this one. 

Do you know what NBN technology is being used at the address i.e. FTTN, HFC-NBN (there's a few others).

The phone service is a VOIP service, that's provided through the modem.

How's it currently configured? Without taking a closer look, it's hard to know what the actual issue is. It could be a back-end provisioning issue. 

You're welcome to send us a private message. I'm after your full name, DOB and the landline number. 

I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You can't run fax through NBN.

Your phone line would be through the Optus NBN router/modem.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
yetanotherslave
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well, there have been developments!

After chatting online to Dan_C and a phone call from Genny in the Customer Relations Dept and a wait for a couple of days, I noticed about an hour ago that the phone line light on my modem was green! A qucick check and getting everything hooked up and I am very pleased to report that my landline is working and that both the phone and fax work perfectly!

While it is very pleasing to have everything working at last, I really should not have to wait two weeks and spend hours on the phone and online to get a simple landline sorted. Optus really does need to address the delays to getting things working (I assume because there aren't enough people employed in the technical divisions) and the incredible difficulties and delays involved in getting technical support. Pissing off your customers is not the way to retain them.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors