Searching...
Highlighted

Re: XBOX Live not connecting

Andy69

From other forums it appears that MS have made some changes that require IPv6 addresses and Optus network is not able to comply. Apparently Optus are working on a fix. 

Yaks

Has Optus given a timeframe of a fix?

Dan_C

@Andy69, I don't believe any major AUS providers on the market offer IPV6 (don't quote me on this). 

Extract from the Xbox one support page

What if my Xbox One isn’t connected using IPv6?

Your Xbox will work normally without IPv6 connectivity. However, for the best possible experience, we recommend enabling IPv6 on your network. Several Xbox One features already make use of IPv6, and we’re building more.

How can I tell if my Xbox is connected using IPv6?

Here’s how to check:

1. On your controller, Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
  2. Select Settings > All settings.
  3. Select Network > Network settings.

It might be worth checking your Network settings to see whether IPV6 has been enabled. If that's the case, you'll need to revert back to IPV4. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Adam77

What info do you have that optus are working on a fix?

Dan_C

It’s not an Optus error.

The issue is likely caused by the Microsoft Network requesting an IPV6 address from our modems. At this point in time, our network/modems aren't configured for IPV6. This results in a, 'double Nat' error. Toredo attempts to assign an IVP6 address but it's unable to as our modem is assigning the IP.

The work around is to turn off IPV6 addressing in the modem. The instructions depend on the modem.

As for why the XBOX Live network is requested IPV6 addresses, that I'm not sure of. It sounds like an issue on their end. IPV4 is still the most commonly used internet protocol.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Adam77

Thanks Dan

"The work around is to turn off IPV6 addressing in the modem. The instructions depend on the modem."

Any ideas on how to do this with the Netgear CG3000v2? I don't see any settings for this.

My last xbox update was 23/4 but I only started having this issue the 4/5, so must be an xbox server side change, if it is an xbox problem. 

Solution

Dan_C

Is the modem connected to a desktop or MAC? 

Windows:

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings (or Manage Network Connections, in Windows Vista). Right-click on the first Local Area Connection you see listed there, and go to Properties. Under the General tab, uncheck the option "Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)"

MAC:

1. Choose Apple menu.
  2. Choose System Preferences.
  3. Click Network. If the Network Preference is locked, click on the lock icon and enter your Admin password to make further changes. ...
  4. Choose Wi-Fi.
  5. Click Advanced, and then click TCP/IP.
  6. Click on the Configure IPv6 pop-up menu and verify it is set to Off.

ajoroth

This has nothing to do with the Xbox network trying to obtain an IPv6/Teredo address, that is just the error message that is displayed when it can't make a complete connection. The League of Legends connection problems happening recently started at the same time. Though it seemed isolated to these 2 things to most people, there were problems accessing certain websites too.

Anyway it is a moot point now as the issue seems to have been resolved.

Dan_C

@ajoroth, I was advised of the above by our Network interface management team.

I'm glad to hear that the issue has now been resolved for you. You've been having issues connecting to Xbox Live or just LOL? You're now able to successfully connect to both?

ajoroth

Both, yes, along with many other people (LoL added an official warning to Optus customers not to play ranked games until the issue was resolved).

Everything seems to be working now (for me, anyway).

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos