Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

XBOX Live not connecting

Andy69

I am having issues connecting my XBOX to XBOX Live through Optus cable. Is anyone else having the same problem? It works OK if I connect through hotspot on my phone (Telstra) but not through the supplied Optus Netgear router - wired or wireless. I have reset both XBOX and router to factory defaults. 

Re: XBOX Live not connecting

AndreR

We are experiencing the same problem. Can login via phone hotspot but not via the cable modem. This started happening yesterday.

ajoroth

Having the same problem here, started late Thursday night. Occasionally it would allow me to sign in but then wouldn't connect to anything and then signed out shortly after. Had to resort to using a VPN on my router until this is fixed.

tim83c

Yes having the same issue. Please sort this asap OPTUS!!! Hopefullt Telstra cable comes to my house soon.

Andy69

VPN on the standard Optus router - how did you manage that?

ajoroth

Not using an Optus router; Cisco cable modem connected to a TP-LINK router - configured as an L2TP connection to access the VPN.

Andy69

OK. Time for me to do something similar I think. Standard Netgear too limited. 

jaylozstuff

Yep. Same issue here also on Optus Cable.  Noticed it yesterday afternoon and still not working tonght. Reset router...reset mac address on XBOX to reset connection...still nothing.

Andy69

Using workaround - log in and start game on phone hotspot then plug cable back in and continue playing. 

Sydneyk

Ahhh so I've spent all day trying to figure out what is wrong with my xbox, tried multiple resets and now I stumble across this...so it's an issue affecting multiple users, who can fix it Optus or Xbox ?

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
26 Kudos
13 Kudos
13 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos