Searching...

Would love to hear from Optus Cable users in Pascoe Vale VIC 3044 - is it worth making the switch?

mickh

Hi folks

Currently getting woeful speeds of 4mbps download/1mbps upload (on a good day) here in Pascoe Vale with ADSL2+. Have been told the current infrastructure is not up to it and this is their best effort.

Have heard mixed reactions about Optus cable in this area. Would love to hear your thoughts. The current situation is unworkable...especially when I'm working from home. I live just off Northumberland Rd, near Gavin Park.

Thanks

Mick

Highlighted

Re: Would love to hear from Optus Cable users in Pascoe Vale VIC 3044 - is it worth making the switc

Davelew

Hi r

I think you may be out of luck with Optus cable as from my understanding NBN will soon be available in your area and Optus will be discontinuing their cable service.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Would love to hear from Optus Cable users in Pascoe Vale VIC 3044 - is it worth making the sw...

Dan_C

It looks building as commenced. According to NBN's roll out map, we're looking at an availability date of Jul-Dec 2019.

@mickh, you're currently being serviced by Optus ADSL or another ISP? 

If your address is serviceable for Cable Broadband, we should have advised so at point of sale. 

We'll always pop you onto Optus Cable Broadband as our first preference. 

I'm happy to run a couple of checks, but I'll need you to send us your complete address. You're welcome to send us a private message

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Would love to hear from Optus Cable users in Pascoe Vale VIC 3044 - is it worth making the switc

mickh

Hey Dave, thanks for the message. I've just signed up out of desperation... even a slight improvement over current setup will help me keep my sanity. Not holding my breath over NBN install so will see how it goes. 

cheers

Mick

Davelew

I think you should be good .as my understanding it is fibre to the curb.

Would be excellent if you could post with your experience when you are connected.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

mickh

Hey Dave

Cable internet is now up and running, and has changed my life for the better!

Previous ADSL2+ speed of 4mbps is now often running very close to the max speed of 45-50mbps. Upload speed has also improved, around 1.8mbps, which is at least twice the previous speed.

Speed does vary a bit and has occasionally dropped as low as 6mbps (at 1pm), but will need some more time to see how much this relates to different time periods throughout the day. Majority of the time though it's flying....makes a gigantic different to my work capabilities.

All in all though, absolutely worth making the switch for an extra $15 a month!

cheers, Mick

Davelew

Hi @mickh

Thanks for posting an update, it is always good for other optus users to give them some confidence.  By the nature of forums like this many of the posts are complaints and those with a good experience don't post.

I am really pleased for you and as you say good speeds make life much easier.

Dave

Dan_C

Agreed @Davelew

Really great to hear @mickh.

If you have any questions for us, please let us know.

I'm sure @Davelew will be happy to help answer them Smiley Wink 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
72 Kudos
53 Kudos
38 Kudos
24 Kudos