cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Rodi
New Contributor

Worst customer service ever! Follow up on my customer complaint I lodged via email over 5 days ago.

A number of weeks ago I tried to upgrade my existing service to the $90 unlimited broadband bundle to be told last week they didn't have it in their system. I again tried to upgrade after being put through to 3 operators repeating the same information. I requested a new modem as my current one is over 4 years old and having problems to be told it was not possible as an existing customer. I suggested that maybe I should cancel my service and the operator said they would put me through to their cancellations area. In disgust I hung up and followed up with an emailed complaint.........that was over 5 days ago and I have had NO reply. The Optus web site states a 48 hour response time.....they are in breach of their own policy. Get your act together Optus and treat your existing customers with some respect! My next step is to cancel my Optus service and go to another provider.
14 Replies
RetiredModerator Tom
RetiredModerator

Re: Worst customer service ever! Follow up on my customer complaint I lodged via email over 5 day...

So sorry about your experience here Rodi 😞 Have our team been back in touch at this stage, and have you been able to get the plan changed now? 

If not, do you have any reference numbers that were provided when you sent the email through - checked junk & spam too? 

I'll send you a Private Message with a link to send your details through to, so that we can follow this up as soon as possible if you still need a hand. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Claritysage
New Contributor

Re: Worst customer service ever! Follow up on my customer complaint I lodged via email over 5 days a

Rodi I agree OPTUS have the worst customer service ever they constantly lie apologise and then lie again. It would not matter who contacted you to resolve the issue it will not be resolved. They will apologise and say they will fix the problem but they are lying they are just stringing you along to keep you connected so they can keep billing you. I contacted the ombudsmen in January supposedly had the matter resolved by a complaints resolution person which was put in writing in an email but they lied too. OPTUS cannot be trusted.
New Contributor norimike
New Contributor

Re: Worst customer service ever! Follow up on my customer complaint I lodged via email over 5 days a

Your story doesn't surprise.  

When we signed up to optus broadband including the fetch tv we never recieved the set top box. I tried several times to get one sent out including at least five calls and numerous emails. Every time I got shunted around a call centre but nobody would agree to send another. It was like it was coming out of their own wages if they agreed to assist. 

I managed to determine that the courier had stolen it as I was told we had apparantly signed for it on a day when the courier was not even in our area but an hour away. 

But still no set top box was sent. Eventually I gave up.  

Now we are looking to change our plan but I so dread dealing with Optus customer service that I might take our broadband and mobile phones elsewhere. I hear iinet has good customer service. 

RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Definitely not the experience we'd like you to have nirmike 😞 Please let us know if you still need a hand with that & we'll get in touch! 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor norimike
New Contributor

Yes please do. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor norimike
New Contributor

Mod, 

You asked if I needed help. I said yes. I have yet to be contacted. 

Sigh

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor DNmoderated
Occasional Contributor

Completely agree with you! I have spent 2 full days to repeat the same thing over and over again. Phone got dropped off again and again after one hour and they never call you back. Just repeat again.

New Contributor dyee
New Contributor

Total agree!!. Even the tech support is worst.

I just called today @9AM for tech support - Just wanted to find out about internet speed.

I waited about 40mins before tech guy answered. He asked for my details which I provided. For 3 mins there was no sound from him. I said "Hello" and he came back "checking your account" and put the call on hold. 30 secs after, the call got cancelled (disconnect)... WTF!!!. No return call receive yet....

Occasional Contributor DNmoderated
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

That's how they treated me as well. I have multiple issues with them and they keep transfering me without my permission to do so. I warned them not to transfer before informing the next operator the issues I have previously told them. THEY DON'T FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTION. It starts from all over again, I.d verification .... It drives me mad!!!

I have spent Friday and Saterday TWO full days till getting the problem semi resolved!!!

I have really bad experience with Optus with my last two years contract and with this new one-- it is horrific.

i have decided to do something about it not just TIO process!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors