cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Worst Intenet possible

Hi,

I have been having this problem for now 4 years and recently it got even worst to the point where i have to go on this forms to compain about this. So lets first start when we moved into this house, when i moved in i had no internet for 4 months beacuse oputs had a porblem with they server and when that was finished and they found the porblem it took another week just to get the internet back up. After that we have had drop out or what i like to call the crashed almost every day at lest 6 times a day or less and when i go and compain about this to optus all they do is do a line test and every time they do that the internet crashes. They send out a telstra technician to come and look out it even tho im with optus like what the hack is this. Rcently like 4 weeks ago we almost had the same problem when we moved in no internet for some reason. They send out more telstra technician to come and fix it well they did fix it in less then a week which was a surprice for me but im now stuck with very slow internet which is now at 384 kbps upstream but with downstream it is at 5632 kbps like why is my downsteam faster then my upstream. Can some please explain to me why my intenet is so bad and why no one can tell me what  the problem is and my friends that are with optus have faster internet then us.

Also i have about 8 devices connect to the internet and our plan is unlimited currently by this i mean unlimited internet bundle with fatch tv.

Please help us someone, I dont really care about the crashed that much but the slow internet is just a kick in the back.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Worst Intenet possible

Not sure on your streams? Showrooms at 5 Mbps and upload at .5 is about the correct ratio. I take it you are on ADSL? When does the NBN arrive for you?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Cindy_vdWalt,

There are many factors that can be impacting your service, for us to check out exactly what they are it's best if you PM us with your account details (username/ phone number/ account number) as well as your full name and date of birth so we can take a further look at this to see what's going on - Marie 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Me thinks everyone is blaming NBN
0 Kudos