cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Fethon
New Contributor

World Cup unwatchable

The Optus live streaming is absolutely rubbish, keeps freezing after 1-2 minutes. I took the monthly subscription specifically to watch the World Cup, it’s disgraceful. If Optus doesn’t have the technology then why gets the exclusive broadcast rights.

6 Replies
New Contributor Kennyc
New Contributor

Re: World Cup unwatchable

I had to give up watching last night the streaming was unwatchable. Give me my money back!

New Contributor GD
New Contributor

You are not alone.  I rang and demanded explanation why it kept freezing.  I was advised by chat if I purchased the premium package it would be okay .  When I pushed them about this she rang me & put me thru to there sports section.  The woman went to look at something on my account and the phone went dead.  Did she ring me back - no.  Their service is an absolute disgrace.  This is not the first time when I have been onto their tech teams when a phone goes dead & they don’t ring you back.

if I cant watch the Egypt Uruguay then the chances of being able to watch a premium match are zero.  They should give compensation to each of us and they fail to provide what is advertised. - you know watch every game of the World Cup 

New Contributor nickkk
New Contributor

Agreed.

The app worked reasonably well for premier league, now for world cup is total rubbish.  I don't see why the app would have to operate any differently. 

I will not only be canceling my plan with optus but will be sending them the bill for any expenses I now incur for watching the world cup games.

New Contributor Zed68
New Contributor

Fethon - if you read the various streams now (yours is one of many), this has been a massive issue for many subscribers. Absolutely pathetic they couldn’t get the biggest sporting event sorted out. They’ve been very keen to secure rights but Optus has absolutely stuffed this up for subscribers and it’s unacceptable.....

Tags (1)
New Contributor Fethon
New Contributor

Just disgraceful. Let’s all comment in social media about this rip off.

Contributor petersharp
Contributor

I totally agree and encourage you all to contact the ACCC tomorrow. I will be.