Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
customer5
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wireless home broadband very slow

The last few days my wireless internet has been really slow. If the speedtest will even load, it tends to give 0.2Mbps downstream, but 2Mbps upstream for some reason (normally it's about 1Mbps upstream..). If I use my mobile phone data (my plan is with Vaya, but they use the optus network) I get the same slow speeds (on SIM card data and by connecting to wifi. I've checked there are no background downloads, have reset the router and was previously getting 10Mbps + consistently. There is no maintenance listed but there seems to be an issue here and it seems to be independent of my hardware/configuration.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sarah_YC

Re: Wireless home broadband very slow

Hi @customer5,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some speed issues with your Wireless home broadband service. 

We have some initial Troubleshooting for Mobile Broadband connectivity issues.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

customer5
New Contributor
New Contributor

I looked at the list of things to try (when it eventually loaded after the third try).

The items there I feel I already covered in my initial email. I had a look at the optus support app you mentioned and it looks like a pretty useless automated response bot that won't tell me anything the website doesn't already.

As I mentioned, I have two devices (a mobile phone and a mobile broadband router) using two different carriers (that both use optus networks) and both are giving problems with speed. I have made no changes to my hardware setup in a long time, I have full reception and can see the tower from my window.

Let me know the information you require to sort this out please, I am not interested in waiting for hours in a phone queue or interacting with bots.

Sarah_YC

Thanks for clarifying, @customer5.

I'm sorry to hear about the run around you've experienced when looking for assistance about this.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. Hence, we'd request you to send a Private message to Optus on Facebook or a Direct Message on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.