cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wireless broadband at Witta, Maleny

Hi

looking to flick my parents over to Optus wireless broadband as broadband connection  is absolute shite ATM & not looking much better for fixed wireless nbn..due anytime soon...apparently! ( tower is already congested?)

however when I search with the specific property details wireless is available but connection ability indoors say “nil”. What’s this mean ?

are there ext WiFi boosters available?

Any advice welcome....inc even steer clear?

thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Wireless broadband at Witta, Maleny

Do you know where the closest tower to the House and what frequencies are available?
If not go to rfnsa.com.au, enter the Postcode and use the filters on the side of the page to select Optus, 4G and 4G+.

Click on the closest tower to the house , there is a ruler function appears at the bottom of the page and you can measure a straight line from the tower to the house. One you have all that information I suggest going to Whirlpool for advice. The Huawei B818 thread has posts about aerials and someone should be able to offer good advice. If someone has an Optus phone would be a good idea to stand outside facing the direction of the tower and use the internet or use an unlocked phone with a Prepaid Optus Sim. 

I am an Optus user. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

What suburb / nearby street are they in? Sounds a little remote?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there
Witta Road, Witta which is about 2 klm from the tower
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Many thanks Tigers1719

The Curramore Tower (4552001)  is 2.357 klm from house according to that map

Optus bands inc 4G (700Mhz & 1800Mhz & 2600Mhz). NO Optus 4G+

will head to Whirlpool & see what I can find out

Cheers

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Gebarb  Not a problem hope it goes well.
Looking at Satellite image might not be too bad, cannot see any large hills or buildings in the area. The Blue Circle around the 2600 MHz at the RFNSA site means it is a proposed frequency  upgrade.

I am an Optus user. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos