Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wireless Broadband password

I've bought a new wireless broadband (TP-Link MR600) modem and need the configuration details of the internet connection. I've got the APN as ltebroadband, Authentication as CHAP, but I don't know the password. I've tried my password but it doesn't work. Is this a preconfigured password by Optus?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Wireless Broadband password

You don't need to enter a password for the APN setting, follow the directions here.

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1379

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Wireless broadband 200/500Gb is LIMITED to a set of devices,TP-Link MR600 is not one of them. This is a condition of the plan and is stated on the CIS.
Device list here:
https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Optus-Wireless-Broadband-eligible-device-list/m-p/512447/hig...

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@Paddylee Is it only for the M2M plans or all Optus mobile data plans? Is it locked to 1 device that purchased with the sim at the time or any eligible devices will work? I wonder if the sim has a PIN and the PIN is preentered into the device, hmm.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I tried the sim in a prepaid Optus mobile broadband modem and it doesn't work either. Looks like it is locked to the modem it came with. In the config settings the password field was filled out when it arrived.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Optus Wireless Broadband plans are locked to that list of devices, regardless of contract length.
Its nothing to do with a password either, its done on Optus side as they can tell what device your using.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

I see, my guess is that they must have a list of approved MAC or Device ID to match it up when you connect to the network. Why do Optus have this restriction?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@SillyGogo because they can, if you dont want to adhere to the requirements then you are welcome to try a different plan/service.

It would be managed by serveral ways, one being IMEI numbers where they have a whitelist as they have the list of devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@Paddylee the M2M plans is cheaper than the standard data plans. I guess it is a way to stop people using the M2M plan for data in their iPads and mobile devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You are comparing 2 different products.
Yes, its about keeping the revenue for tablets + plans that share data with phones and keeping the home internet separate.
The Wireless Broadband plans also come in Month to Month - so need to be specific.