Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wireless Broadband data limit

Im wondering whether any one can confirm if wireless broadband data limits will be unlimited, like residential NBN is, during the Covid 19 outbreak. we currently have 500GB limit but just about wipe that out with our monthly useage. i will now be working from home and also have my daughters schooling to do online, aswell as our Netflix obsession and am worried about the extra cost.  thanks 

5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Wireless Broadband data limit

With the mobile network (which this product uses) being a very shared network, making it unlimited would cause great issues to every user.
Unfortunately this is the way it is, its a limited resource with only so much capacity to go around.
NBN fixed connections dont have this as a limiting factor, hence why unlimited data plans are available.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I was under the impression that NBN was shared, and this is why it slows down in the evenings and why its impossible to get the advertised speeds during busy times (and at other times as well)? Is this incorrect?

As another Wireless Broadband customer in the same boat as OP, it would be nice to see something for us given many of us are driven to this product as the NBN offerings (including from Optus) are extremely subpar in large areas, including major metro regions. For me NBN was at best 18mbps, Optus 4G varies but usually is around 50mbps.

Any options for actually decent value top-up data instead of the extortionate $10 per 10Gb vs the $68 for 500gb I'm paying on the plan?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am in the same boat. We have a 500gb 4g Wireless Broadband plan and 300-400gb has always been enough in this household. However, now we are dealing with 2 people working fulltime from home (with remote network connection, document control online and web based conference calls) + a year 12/TAFE student who will suddenly also be doing all units from home as of next week. We are chewing through the data at 3 times the rate.

I would love to switch to nbn but at this point I can't trust it will be activated in time before we exceed our limits. 

If I could pay for extra data on my existing plan, I would... however 50gb is not going to cut it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm more concerned over the speeds than the data at the moment. Try working from home with this. Done all the troubleshooting methods as well, been like this for 3 days now.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've had that exact issue multiple times.

Usually their chat agents, when you get through, will advise you to factory reset the modem, wait 15 mins and reboot it.

Amazingly it seems to work.

Alternatively check what your APN is set to, I've had a few different ones recommended to me, currently I'm on "ConnectLTE" and also confirm its set to "4g only".

Took mine from this kind of speeds back up to 50mbps in seconds. But I've had to do it multiple multiple times over the months.

0 Kudos