Searching...

Re: Will Optus or NBN upgrade HFC to FTTC or better?

nothappyjanus

Thanks @petergdownload . Point taken , I wanted to let people know the totality of what I was going through but I understand that it is harder for helpers to get the gist of things when aiding me;  either way , you have explained much to me already and I am thankful for that.

Highlighted

nothappyjanus

Nicely toned response @Jiefu @petergdownload  . I agree. Truth is the truth and must be mentioned.

In my humble opinion, it is Optus choking the system on its own customers yet your reseller buying ample bandwith for its own customers. I may be wrong but I have been on this earth long enough to know how big companies operate.

I wont ask you for your provider as I can shop around and I have already but I will ask you for the type and model number of your modem and router if I may.

Thank you both gents as always.

P.S

I can also say I am very happy with Optus mobile service and data as well. It is NBM internet I am upset about. 

Jiefu

Hey Not Happy, hope you're smiling a little nowadays.  My current device is a Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV. It works fine for my house size and configuration, the type of NBN I have and the Speed I am using. If I was to criticise anything about it, it would be the lack of external antennae and poor setup instruction explanation for some of the settings.  TP-Link provides better for a similar price, (mine was free) about $120 to $160. I would strongly suggest a good midrange unit that is compatible with HFC in the $250 mark with external antennas to give you reliable wifi service and range.

If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!
I am an OPTUS customer and NOT in their service.!!!!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
62 Kudos
42 Kudos
32 Kudos
32 Kudos
16 Kudos