Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AmyParker87
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wifi is connected, no internet connection

A safety company attended my home yesterday and tested safety on the electrics which meant turning off the power for a couple of mins, now my internent wont work. All lights on modem are green, excellent strength. Have rebooted all devices including NBN, Modem, Fetch TV etc. still nothing will connect to the internet. Please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
markdennis
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Wifi is connected, no internet connection

check wifi password entered on your device are still correct. 

0 Kudos
AmyParker87
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi had all my devices forget the network and then reconnect with the password. Its just the default as it has been reset. Would a power outage cause that issue? My tech friend said that when the power went out it might have fried the modem. I still cannot connect

0 Kudos
FastEddie
New Contributor
New Contributor

From time to time we have WIFI and no internet connection.... The house has brick walls so the WIFI will not work well....

I remember the contract technician as he installed Optus speaking about the modems as he gave up with the first one he tried to install. He used several rude words to describe the routers and said many of them come DOA.

Our First problem was anything hardwire connected would loose internet connection. Sometimes it would reconnect all by itself, sometimes a router reboot would work.

Second problem I found was after a call to service with a 30 minute wait (that confirmed the neighbourhood service was ok) I was told I would have to buy a new router.... WHAT? BUY A REPLACEMENT ROUTER THAT WAS PART OF THE PACKAGE?  Ten minutes after the call, the connection sorted itself out. maybe it was divine intervention.

Third, The router has started limiting its hardwire connections to just one device. My income generating requires three devices connected. Reboots ocassionally fix this.

Strange.... whenever there is a hardwire connection problem, the WIFI keeps going.

Until this drama started we had stellar service.... one neighborhood outage in several years..... not bad.  My neighbor turned me on to Optus and I was happy for a while. He once told me he had trouble with his router and Optus was right out there and replacing it, FREE. From my neighbor's raving about Optus, I thought we were going to get SERVICE. Now, being told I have to purchase a new modem (that was part of the package) after my neighbor did not have to is not leaving me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. I have lost hours of income generating time with this issue.

0 Kudos
JordanOptus
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @AmyParker87 it'd definitely be worth having a chat with Tech Support when you get a chance and they can check if the modem has burnt out or not.

0 Kudos