cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor rippa90
New Contributor

Why should I stay with optus

I have been optus from the day they lauched in Australia, home phone internet and 3 mobile phones, all eggs in one basket, been offered better options in the past but decide to stay with optus, but seems like optus is following the worse companies when it comes to loyalty program.

I want to change new phone and also new home internet plan, I will have to pay more than what I am paying currently, they will take my $10 loyalty disount and give me $20 discount but when I change my plan, I will be saving only $5 and will lose my internet speed and will have to pay $20 extra to get the same speed I am on now.

It is time to search better deal when there is no loyalty left in this company

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Why should I stay with optus

It sounds like you're transitioning to the NBN? The Telco landscape is going through a major upheaval now. Pricing and speed options are not all under Optus's control anymore. The good news is the new landscape offers plenty of choice. If you can find a better deal then go for it. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Windheli
Occasional Contributor

Everybody shall leave Optus then their service call and live chat may have some real person think about about what is customer service.

0 Kudos
New Contributor SRoB
New Contributor

I agree.

Not much incentive to stay.

The biggest crime with me was the method Optus used to try and retain their Cable customers. Rushed everyone into making a decision on who to use as a provider for NBN by threatening to disconnect their cable internet in a very short period of time.

Even when I did get optus to transfer me to the NBN the whole process was stuffed up and I probably spent two days on the phone ,over three weeks, trying to get it resolved.

They have had me locked into a two year contract on the NBN for nearly two years now and the NBN is been very poor, especially when everyone is streaming their cable tv services in the evening. Had faster speeds before the NBN.

The internet is due for renewal in a few months time and I certainly will need some incentive to stay

0 Kudos