cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why oh why did I change to Optus - other than the Premier League?

After Endless time making phone calls / forum chats I was told I wouldn't be charged for a connection fee - and there it is 3 months later on my current Bill.

My install date was changed twice and I was told I would be able to use my phones data at no extra charge and there it is 3 months later on my current Bill.

10 Oct Subsequent Install (New Line) 1 $272.70

I truly despair. here I go again on another endless cycle of phone calls / forum chats to sort it out.

Someone better get in touch pronto - lucky I am a memeber of CHOICE.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Why oh why did I change to Optus - other than the Premier League?

Not sure about the endless chats to avoid an upcomming fee (any big organisation will have difficulty working around its standard operating proceedures. i.e. what one department promises another might not be aware of.)

Thankfully Optus are much better dealing with something that has occured rather than preventing something that might occur.

Try the live chat. If thats unsuccessful write a letter to Optus detailing the issue. Optus should resolve that in 10 days one way or another. Failing that forward the letter to the TIO.

FWIW Choice are a great consumer advocate group but I'm not sure how they relate to the current issue?

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Trusted Contributor really helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I don't have any control over the Optus forum labels so probably best not to refer to them (I can be untrustworthy at times).

"Thanks, really helpful."

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos