Searching...
Highlighted

Why my house is a Duplex cant get Optus Cable broadband service connected?

david2307
Hi

My name is David, I live in a suburb called Putney in Sydney lower north shore, I just recently signed up with Optus unlimited ADSL2+ broadband with fetch in April, since day 1 the internet is so slow its unusable less than 2mbps/sec my previous provider tpg 4.88mbps/sec.

I had done a search on optus broadband website all my neighbour house #1,3,5,7 of the street can get cable service available except my house is not available.

My house is a 2 story Duplex. I been trying to contact optus several time but they say I cannot get cable service connected I also made a complaint to tio that my internet is so slow its barelu unusable.

Can someone please help me to solve this issue my neighbour several blocks away is using optus fast cable I cant handle this slow adsl speed anymore. I been living in this house for 9 years all my neighbour have got cable except myself.

Thank You

David

Re: Why my house is a Duplex cant get Optus Cable broadband service connected?

david2307

This is my horrible optus adsl2 internet speed. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4436428644 

Bubba

2mbit/sec should still be usable. Slower than what you had previously of course, but usable.

Aside from the question regarding cable availability... what troubleshooting have you done already? 

If for any reason you cannot get cable, maybe something can help get you back to the 4.8mbit'sec speeds you were seeing previously Smiley Happy

david2307

Your joking right? 2mbps is horrible speed I cant even stream hd movies from netflix. 

My previous isp tpg 4.88mbps 24/7 

Optus your internet speed are a joke.

SamSam

definition of a first world problem right there @david2307 God forbid watching anything in standard definition

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

david2307

I can barely using the internet at night 10:25pm this speed is total ridiculous you call that super fast broadband Optus? What a Joke, I be cancelling my contract tomorrow and switch to Telstra final straw.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4441701782

Robinski
Hi I can't seem to get cable at my new address in 4th ave Palm beach as it is a duplex how can I fix this?

david2307

Hi mate 

the only way if you wanna get Cable service is you first need to make a complaint to www.tio.com.au than a customer relations will contact you, do not call call center then will do nothing you need a lot of luck to get into someone who knows what the problem is and service you cable network.

I'm currently waiting for optus customer service to call me back if I can get premium cable service installed or not if not I will make a move to Telstra the speed on the weekend is henrandous. 

Do not use Optus ADSL Broadband, you will get a speed 0.97mbps during the weekend and peak hour 6pm-12am every night due to congestion.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4448558642 

I will also be contacting ACCC Fair Trading if they do not service cable.

SamSam

@Robinski it sounds like @david2307 has had a poor experience and is under the impression everyone will experience the same. Your first point of call definitely shouldn't be the TIO.

It's not actually a requirement of Optus to provide you with a cable service. That said, they'd want to because it's a great technology and provides a good customer experience so if they can, they will. Unfortunately sometimes it's just not able to be done for various reasons.

Call through and request they organise a tech drive by. What this will do is have a technician drive past your home and confirm whether or not they could provide a cable service. This will then be updated in the system (if you can) and allow an order to be placed.

Chances are the property you're in wasn't a duplex when cable was rolled out so the system will only see one place e.g. it was number 20 but now there's 20a and 20b. The system won't recognise either.

Best of luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Dan_DS

HI david2307, I can see Jax spoke to you yesterday and has one of our serviceability teams driving by the property this week to check on available options.

She'll give you a call once she hears back from them Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
41 Kudos
27 Kudos