Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Uncle_Toby
New Contributor

Why my Landline Caller ID never work???

Hi,

My Landline Caller ID funtion has never worked since I switched from Telstra to Optus on 24th May 2017. I have already made tons of phone calls to Customer Service, Tech Support, Account Dept...etc, on and off, in and out for over a month now. I followed their instructions, unplug/plug the handset (was working with Telstra before), even bought a new handset, but still not working. They activate/deactivate my Caller ID Service several times, but I never been able to see any caller ID. Is there anyone having the same issue? Hope someone will be able to help here.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor Darrell
Contributor

Re: Why my Landline Caller ID never work???

I've been with OPTUS for about 12 years now and the service they provide as for "So Called" Direct over the phone & "Web Chat" leave you Gob Gmacked as to how this once high performing ISP gained so much notoriety, attention and custom in the years gone by! I too have been left Hanging so to speak with the provrbial  Have a Nice Day, knowing only to well that my problem has not been addressed as passed experience tells me! Once again, I Air My Thoughts as to the rapid decline in professional assistance once offered by this ISP in the disbelief that after numorous attempts to resolve such a simple issue  has resulted in the total lose, prematurely modified & in some cases NO alteration in repairing my service at all. Considering that Australians are subject to some of the Highest Costs Imposed by IS providers in the world, leaves one to think that 1. Are we being "Ripped Off " 2.Will this attract More Off Shore Market Competitors from around the world to compete for such a lucrative share in the Billion's of Dollars up for grabs at the behest of offering a little more Customer Service? I Think So! Today I will ask agian - (Last contact with OPTUS 21st August 2017 - Rita • 03:31 PM
Hi, this is Rita from Fixed Technical team, welcome to Optus LiveChat. How can I help you today?) CAN ANYONE ACTIVATE MY HOME PHONE (NOT MOBILE) "ID CALLER SERVICE" WITHOUT OUT DISCONNECTING MY SERVICE "TOTALLY" & GUARANTTEE  TO ME THAT IT "WILL" BE OPERATING WITHIN THE NEXT HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS OR EVEN MONTHS!

THANK YOU

0 Kudos
Top Contributors