Searching...

Re: Why isn't the UNI-V port activated on my NBN Connection Box?

Nam_L

Hey Jeifu,

Thanks for raising this. Unfortunately this isn't a feature we currently support with our service Smiley Sad.

Cheers,

Jiefu

Nam, no offence but thanks for stating the bleeding obvious.  What I want to know is why...???  Surely there are some people in the know who can tell us why this is not an option.  It is a simple enough question, don't you think..?  If as most people are being forced to,....change providors now, because of this NBN debacle, especially FTTP. No UNI-V means if circumstances change and you need to have it for medical reasons options are, I keep my OPTUS account and pay full service amount, then aquire a UNI-V phone from another company and pay full phone service from them to meet the medical needs of phone requirements.

Fibre phone providors are few, maybe 8 to 10 in total now and some do bundled deals others phone only. I am not a dissatisfies OPTUS client, maybe one of the few, sure I have grumbles about the backwards way thay do things, but for me the service has been without fault.  I have been with OPTUS for 20 odd years and just received a loyalty offer for the Samsung S8, not that I want to get one, but still...! SO, I think I deserve more than just an answer we don't have this. I really want to know why and what stops this from being a reality. I have to make dedcisions based on my health and well being. I don't want to leave and I won't go to the T company unless hell freezes over..!!!! So please, ask someone. give me a reason, an explanation, something.

The last thing I want to do is change and then find out that OPTUS has got bloody UNI-V ports after I am on another provider.

Jeff

If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!
I am an OPTUS customer and NOT in their service.!!!!

Hollie

Hey Jeff - I can definitely understand where you're coming from and if you do have a medical condition that requires a standard phone service you may need to look at going to another provider, this is also outlined in our CIS for NBN connections. 

It was a business decision to offer VoIP lines and not use the Uni-V ports on the NTD. I will definitely pass your feedback on however this isn't something that we'll be able to change at this point in time. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Jiefu

Thank you for the reply Hollie. It sure does cause me to be in a situation I don't like though.

The medical condition is just recent and I am still in contract until the end of year.

That being said, I am loath to go somewhere else (T) to get a lesser service, lower speeds and more failures which I know from local feedback. The service quality is also lacking in as much as you are always needing a translator to speak to someone. This is all on a brand new FTTP system that replaced the old copper.

If OPTUS, made fibre phone services available, they could certainly eliminate the biggest problems that they have from NBN customers right now.  That of the Router choices as VOIP would not be necessary and phones would be sustainable in event of blackouts for a period of time if of the correct type.

Maybe the head shed should rethink their policy on all this and make the company better..!!

If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!
I am an OPTUS customer and NOT in their service.!!!!
Highlighted

Hollie

If this is the case and you do need to cancel due to this, please PM me through your details and we can chat about your options. I will also pass your feedback on.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
30 Kudos