Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor benn_o
New Contributor

Why is my port in taking so long?

I am trying to activate my cable bundle. Apparently the order is blocked until port in of my existing number is completed. It is now over two weeks since ordering and having worked for Optus before I know it does not take so long for a port to be accepted in pms system. What do I have to do to get somebody to sort this out?? I call every day and get the same answers but no actions!!! Even submitted a complaint request via optus site and even they didnt contact me by their published SLA!!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why is my port in taking so long?

Sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried calling your original provider incase they are not letting the number go, or it could be your porting details are not matching from your original provider. Can I ask what provider you moved from ?

0 Kudos
New Contributor benn_o
New Contributor

Found out that Optus had not submitted the port on time to begin with. Then there was some system delays and now the agent has suggested to cancel and recreate my order and now that is not done. Currently have no active order and my number has been ported to Optus and currently lost in the ether!! Every day I am calling and still nothing completed...
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We did have a porting outages impacting "same Carrier" port ins.

They're numbers coming from carriers that use the Optus Network to supply service.

We've since been advised that the issue has been resolved. The suggestion you've been offered doesn't sound right. 

I'll send you a private message. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sent you a message @benn_0. When you get a chance,  check your inbox. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos