Searching...

Why is my internet cable so slow?

cjakie

I’m getting a horrible internet connection in the evenings for the past 2 months. I’ve called the support many times and they only say that there’s nothing they can do about it and they can’t send a technician to my home to verify it. Last time I tried, the person on the phone hung up on my face! It’s the worse customer experience I have ever seen! I pay $100 per month for cable internet, the most expensive internet in Oz, and I receive the worst connection ever! Even Dodo would do better! That just doesn’t make any sense! When I signed up I was promised NBN like speeds, but 3mbps is nothing like NBN. I’m done with Optus, I’ll be writing reviews all over the internet to help other people to not fall into this trap like I did.

Re: Why is my internet cable so slow?

[ Edited ]
BDmoderated

Thats because Optus Sucks reaaly really hard.

I have been dealing with the same issue since February but cant find a person who understands the Australian accent well enough to get any help. Despite paying a fortune for speed packs etc, my cable speed is averaging 3Mbps download and 0.3Mbps upload. By way of compensation they gave me a $20 credit for 5 months of unuseable internet and overpriced unavailable bandwith. Fetch is unwatchable most nights but apparently I'm on a 2 year contract so I've purchased some good lube and I'm just taking it like they want me to until the contract is over.

Ive also called every other ISP and while almost ALL of them DO suck, NONE of them suck as much as Optus

Congratulations on being the best sucks in Australia Optus, you are really good at sucking

To save some frustration there is no point trying to get help, you will be sent around in circles nothing will be done and you will be in the same position you were months earlier.

The easiest thing to do is to bend over and take it like they want you to and say nothing. Nothing will improve but you wont go insane expecting good customer service.

Hope that helps

Alex_H

Hey there @cjakie - Really disappointing to hear that you're unhappy with your connection Smiley Sad I get  that it'd be really frustrating. I'm so sorry for the experience you've had trying to resolve it as well. Did you have a ref # that I could take a look at? 

cjakie

Hi there, one of the reference numbers I have (151754121414) she said Optus is having an issue and they would fix it and send me an SMS when it's done and also they wouldn't charge me for the time they have the problem. Obviously, nothing has been done, it's not fixed yet and I didn't get any discount. Last time I called, the lady hung up on my face because I was refusing to hang up without someone resolving my issue, so the call conveniently just 'cut off'.

Alex_H

Oh dear Smiley Sad Not good to hear at all. That ref # isn't bringing anything up for me, if you can send us a PM with your account/phone number I can see what's going on for you. 

cjakie

If the reference number given to me by the attendant in the call centre is wrong, it was deliberately given wrong to me. I asked for the person to repeat the reference number twice just to make sure I have it, there is no way it could be wrong unless the person didn't want to give it to me.

Another proof of how bad Optus threat their customers.

Alex, I have sent you a PM message with my details.

Highlighted

LAN_V

Im having the same issue, and its getting worst. The Exchange is so congested and they not doing anything to fixed it. The below graph show packet lost 20% packet lost from 5pm to 11.59pm every day. 

png1

Smokeping

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
31 Kudos