cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why is Optus tech support so hopeless?

I spent over an hour trying to find out the username and password for my modem.

I was transferred to 5 different people and had to explain my situation 5 different times. None of them had any clue and each person asked me to re-enter my account details. 

They are absolutely hopeless and love hand-balling to the next person. I finally got my answer scrolling through Yes Crowd. Thanks for nothing Optus. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Why is Optus tech support so hopeless?

+1 for Yes Crowd 👏 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

-1 for Live Chat who keep transferring you until you've had enough and finally hang up.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've been on hold trying to get in for 45 minutes (no internet service at home). They again hung up before even answering the phone. I think "hopeless" is a fair call...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @viditor, sorry to hear about your internet connection issue and experience over the phone. Did you get a chance to check our → Network Status page for any reported fault in your area.  Has any → basic troubleshooting helped.

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Kartika,

Yes, I did indeed check. It appears to be a daily occurrence now, but only between 11AM and 4PM.

In the evening, it works again...

I have tried calling and messaging without a reply so far. My only solution it seems is to use my Telstra mobile in the afternoon, and Optus at night.

0 Kudos