cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor CooperTr
New Contributor

Re: Why is Optus so bad at customer service?

I can agree with this statement. I cannot recall ever having to deal with such terrible service during my time using different telecoms providers and other paid services.

Currently I am not receiving internet to my house despite the fact that Optus is still charging me for this connection. A technician was booked to attend the issue between 08:00 - 12:00 which requires me to miss a morning of work. It is now 13:38 and there has been no sign of a technician. On the sixth time of calling Optus for an update they informed the technician began working onsite at 14:49 - this is a separate issue whereby customer service does not understand that Perth is a place and has a different time zone to Sydney. Everything is on Sydney time. I have since found out that the work the technician is doing is at the telephone exchange which does not require me to be at home. Absolutely shocking. Still the internet is not working. During all of these calls with customer service they have not once offered some incentive to remain with Optus during this disturbance. Finally I was also informed that if there turns out to be an issue with our house wiring or router (not likely), I will be charged $150 for the priveledge of a technician's service despite them not making an appearance. 

At no point was I called when the technician began work or to notify me of his movements and I have also wasted a day. Regardless of whether this issue is resolved I will be switching providers because this service defies belief.

If you are reading this reply I highly recommend that you do not choose Optus as an internet provider.

RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hi @CooperTr, not the sort of experience that you should've had at all 😞 Can definitely understand why you'd be over it.

If you still need assistance, can you please confirm your fault ref #? Happy to chase this up for you from our end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor efinny
Occasional Contributor

Reading all of this isn't making me hopeful they'll sort the issue with my internet! You'd think for a provider that you're paying more for, you'd get better service? Definitely didn't have this issue with TPG. I think I'll start searching for another ISP like the others on here. 😕

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Optus!  Even IF your complaint is escalated to the Customer Relations Group because of a TIO complaint you'll be contacted once and then they go silent on you.  They just aren't interested!  Worst customer relations experience of any I have ever had.  I can't wait for their next little dinky survey where they ask, "How likely is it that you would recommend Optus to others?"  My answer's going to be, "I would recommend Slippery Sam's Intermittent Net Service over Optus any day!!!"

New Contributor NoOptus44444
New Contributor

There is no customers service 

18 month on I still can get my issues resolved 

the worst service in history 

how do this idiots stay in business 

and when you do get to the help desk 

they play dum and transfer you to another 

more stupider help desk 

they are 

what the hell is going on with Optus 

shut these morons down please 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's extremely disappointing to hear @NoOptus44444. Are you able to off any more insight? You're welcome to chat with us over private message. 

You'll need to fill out the template below send it through as a private message.

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number or order number: 

If you'd like to speak with a consultant in real time you can always speak with our sales support team on Live Chat → Optus.com.au/livechat. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors