cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor jenjenyang0712
New Contributor

Why is Optus so bad at customer service?

Hi, I'm writing just to let everyone know that please consider very carefully before signing up with Optus broadband! You could wait months and months before they can get you connected!

i have sign up with Optus broadband on February but they didn't get me connected until now. That's 4 month of waiting period! Every time I called in to Optus customer service all they tell me is to wait for a message within 24-48 hours and it's 4 MONTH that I've been waited! And finally I have received that message saying that Optus will get me connected by 27/05/16 and I can enjoy using my internet I was so happy but after I received my moderm from Optus and set it up it says "no internet connection". So I called customer service and the girls said she have to fill a form so I have to wait another 24-48 hour and so I did.

After that the Internet still doesn't work so I called again and this time the customer representatives said the issue has been escalated and there's nothing they can do and ask me to wait for a reply and they will inform me when the service is ready. So I waited again.

Then I called up 2 days after because I really need my internet back to do my work and the customer representatives said that she need to fill up a form (WHAT? AGAIN!) and ask me to wait another 24-48 hours (How many 24-48 hours I have to wasted on this? ). So I waited, and the next day after I came home from work I notice all my lights on my moderm are gone so I called and told them that only the power light on but is red then the customer representatives said the moderm is broken and they need to send me a new one.(WTF!) all that time I've wasted!

I'm really disappointed with the service that Optus provide for a big company like this shouldn't have so much issue! Why can't Optus just send someone over and have look and sort the problem out? Instead of letting us call and wait 90mintues every time to get an answer? This is ridiculous! So for anyone that wants to sign up with Optus please consider carefully as they will tell you "you're not the only one that's experience this, there's 300 other people that are still waiting to get connected too".

15 Replies
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Re: Why is Optus so bad at customer service?

Heya @jenjenyang0712,

That definitely is a long time to get a service connected 😞 More than happy to have a look into this further and provide some feedback to you about what happened and also send the feedback onto our preactivations team to try and avoid this kind of situation in the future.

Can you please private message me your full name, DOB, Optus account number and lanline number so I can follow this up for you.

Thanks

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor jenjenyang0712
New Contributor

Hi, I have sent you a private message with my detail. Please check. Thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Alex_H
RetiredModerator

@jenjenyang0712 - Okay, just replying to your message now. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor FER
New Contributor

I understand your frustration. ATM I'm telling off about Optus to all my friends and clients, the sales team s****, no control or communication, specially with the international call center that Optus put you through to solve the problem.

RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear about your experience FER. It's definitely not what we'd like to be known for. 

If there's anything we could help with please drop me a PM. Should it require us to go into your account please confirm your service details (internet username or mobile number) and DOB.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
New Contributor Grazey
New Contributor

I am a brand new Optus customer and my experience with the customer service has already left me searching for a new provider. Incompetent staff coupled with outdated technology and the worst customer service I have ever experienced. 

Tags (1)
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey Grazey - not what we want you to experience. What's happened? Here to help. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor jawad
New Contributor

Such a bad experience. Signed online for a Sim only plan. Was asked to wait for 48 hours. After a week I made a call, was told they dont have my records of application. Was routed to 4 differenct departments was on phone for 35 minutes. Finally they found my records. Asked to email them my 100 points ID. I did. Asked to wait for another 48 hours. After 1 week i made a call again. They again failed to find my records. Routed to 3 different places. Guy asked me to go for a fresh application. I said go ahead. He started application and he was telling exactly me own records (Asked him how you are telling me my records while u can't find them). He said i now find them but can't tell u the reason why application is pending. 😞

He finished my second application and gave me reference number at the end of my first application.

Is this all what they do, then i m not joining this amazingy Service. I am happy with my current service. At least they are not dougy as hell as these optus customer guys are.

RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

@jawad Oh my goodness, I'm sincerely sorry for the experience that you've had with the new service 😞 It's not a great start at all.

If you can PM me with your order ref #, full name and DOB, I'd be happy to get to bottom of it for you from here. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos