cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nothappy99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Why is Optus customer service so terrible?

I had many battles with Optus over the years with my cable internet service. Optus was always over subscribing its cable service without providing addtional bandwidth to cover the demand. This led to ridiculously slow speeds and unusable service at peak times. Despite many complaints and raised 'tickets', the poor attitude and performance continued until they thought that their cable network in my area would be purchased by the NBN. Thankfully, the NBN discarded the Optus cable network as being beyond help.
I recently migrated from cable to NBN FTTC. True to form, Optus was very unhelpful with this transition. I couldn't recommend Optus at all as an internet service provider, don't care, don't get it, no regard for customer service. Find someone else.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Have you done any troubleshooting and checked if there is a network issue at your address/suburb?

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
KelR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The service is terrible because service is disgraceful across the entire industry, so companies like Optus don't feel compelled to pay more than lip service to service charters. They employ a token number of people in the complaints function who quickly burn out. Customers get disgraceful service and move on but are replaced by the disenchanted customers of other equally uncaring providers. (Sent from mobile because broadband not functional after referral to Optus Technical a month ago.)
0 Kudos
Kartika

Sorry if you feel that way @KelR and your experience so far. It seems we have let you down. Unfortunately, we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. If you are still facing issue with your internet connection then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Raaj
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes that is so true. I have long back switched to Aussie Broadband, and their service levels have been amazing..cannot recommend highly enough..

0 Kudos
EAUSER
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had a terrible experience as well. I was supposed to be given the EPL, English Premier league, for free for a year and they didn't. Would have been a really simple issue to resolve.

I had to spend over 30 hours on the phone over a few months months get it fixed. Everyone would just hand me over to another department because they didn't know who had to fix it.

I had 2 different managers promise to give me a call back and then never did. I had to use the optus text chat to ping them a few times each to remind them to call me back. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Just navigating through the call menu to get to a human takes 5 minutes and its just really dumb as well.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos